A Unique Day

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know that a some have posted on here about pride in their children but I need to post something from the other point of view. Today I had the honour (no pun intended) of standing and watching my Dad receive an OBE from the Queen. The day in itself was special enough, I drove through those gates at the front of Buckingham Palace and walked inside, something that few will do. That, however, was insegnificant compared to watching my dad, a man who I have admired all of my life and still stand in awe of, receiving his medal from the Queen. I do not cry easily but I shed a few tears of unmitigated pride at that moment. It is truely a day that I will never forget nor, I doubt, exceed.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
GB72, It is good to read that your Dad is your hero. My old man is 69 and although he has not had any honour destode on him, he will always be my idol.

Can you tell me what your Dad was honoured for?

Andy

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You could look at our lives and think we didnt achieve the same things but I will never be the man my father is as long as I live.

He didnt need a Kipling poem to tell him what a man is,he just did it.

Had my name in the papers as hero and villain and deserved neither,he has faced mountains I could never climb and not blinked. Your dad should be your hero.

Proud of you and for you GB

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
GB72, It is good to read that your Dad is your hero. My old man is 69 and although he has not had any honour destode on him, he will always be my idol.

Can you tell me what your Dad was honoured for?

Andy

Would take a while to sum up my Dad, he rowed for Oxford, was a captain of industry, tried to retire many times and is now chairman of Rutland Council but the award was for his work on the Learning and Skills Council helping people back into education. This is all from a less than priveleged background.

He is 64 and still plays off a useful 19 handicap (bandit) and the golfing ambition remains to beat him in a scratch game. Oen of my earliest memories was walking round a pro-am with him at Turnberry, a course I still long to play.