A to Z E.D.M.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another remix triumph from Yotto, this time it's Frankie Wah he's upscaling. Like his remix of Faithless - "I Need Someone" he's taken a decent, if a little sonically flat, track and really deepened it and beefed up the soul depth of it. Loving this one - Anjunadeep strikes again!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit of Goa Psy-Trance for the weekend. Great sample from Dead Can Dance's "Host of Seraphim" (probably one of the most used snippet samples used across the electronic music genre).

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Was doing some jobs this week (insulation & plasterboard), so had the 'jobs radio' on, with R1 on. This became a bit of an ear worm (kinda ironic) so thought I'd share. Probably it's old already ? Anyway we're aloud a bit of pop now and then ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was doing some jobs this week (insulation & plasterboard), so had the 'jobs radio' on, with R1 on. This became a bit of an ear worm (kinda ironic) so thought I'd share. Probably it's old already ? Anyway we're aloud a bit of pop now and then ?

Not my cup of tea but I can see why it would get stuck in the head.

I struggle with the homogeneous sounding vocalists on modern EDM tracks.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been on a Freeform Hardcore kick all week. I remember back in 1998 when I heard my first Freeform tune (DJ Eclipse - Ultraworld 5 and FJ Fury - Lemonade Raygun) that I was amazed that it didn't go on to dominate from the Happy Hardcore that was dying. Looking back now it was way ahead of its time and the HH crowd just weren't ready for the fusion of Acid/Trance and Hardcore beats and so it was left to become a sub genre. But I love freeform and it's been on my playlist all week.

One of the best

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the subject of earworms @IainP got me thinking of the tracks that you can't get out of your head even though you know you shouldn't let them take up residence...

I present one of the kings of the earworm... Signore Gigi D'Agostino

BubbaP

Visit site
Been on a Freeform Hardcore kick all week. I remember back in 1998 when I heard my first Freeform tune (DJ Eclipse - Ultraworld 5 and FJ Fury - Lemonade Raygun) that I was amazed that it didn't go on to dominate from the Happy Hardcore that was dying. Looking back now it was way ahead of its time and the HH crowd just weren't ready for the fusion of Acid/Trance and Hardcore beats and so it was left to become a sub genre. But I love freeform and it's been on my playlist all week.

One of the best
Thought there may be a few too many BPMs for me, but enjoyed that ?

BubbaP

Visit site
Don't know if any mileage in this, but it's been stormy down here and no golf this weekend. o_O
Was thinking 'non genre' tracks/songs that have been given the 'dance' treatment in some way. Could be some potential for ? ?

Here's an oldie