A to Z E.D.M.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Classic of classics. Brings back great memories of a late youth well spent. Ferry Corsten gets maligned quite a lot in the Trance scene, and some of his solo work is a bit bland and derivative, but when he paired up with Vincent de Moor for Veracocha, Tijs Verwest for Gouryella and Vimana and with Robert Smit in his early days as Sons of Aliens (Dutch gabber hardcore) his stuff really came to life.

The little known B-side to Carte Blanche was called "Drafting" and was a great tune in it's own right and would have been a monster A-side if were it not on the same EP as CB.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
As mentioned way back on A to Z these nutters were ahead of the time with the mask wearing!
Extra memories for me, the opening sample - I used to listen to them on pirate radio. A couple of years later, I had a modified version of the sample on the house answerphone message! The joys of youth! I remember apologising to a recruitment consultant, although he found it amusing ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been watching a series of videos on Youtube by Jonas Steur (Estuera). he seems to have moved away from producing tracks and more in to Social media how-to vids and some of them are good value. This one on what they call "Old School Rave" is pretty good. His one on creating a Gabber track is brilliant.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't know if any mileage in this, but it's been stormy down here and no golf this weekend. o_O
Was thinking 'non genre' tracks/songs that have been given the 'dance' treatment in some way. Could be some potential for ? ?

Here's an oldie

Don't know how I missed this post... There's loads. I will get the thinking cap on for the best (and possibly worst) of them...

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't know if any mileage in this, but it's been stormy down here and no golf this weekend. o_O
Was thinking 'non genre' tracks/songs that have been given the 'dance' treatment in some way. Could be some potential for ? ?

Here's an oldie

So basically 90% of late 90’s happy hardcore was sampling non-genre tracks, so I have a whole compendium of them… like this ?

BubbaP

Visit site
Been watching a series of videos on Youtube by Jonas Steur (Estuera). he seems to have moved away from producing tracks and more in to Social media how-to vids and some of them are good value. This one on what they call "Old School Rave" is pretty good. His one on creating a Gabber track is brilliant.

Have often thought should I come across a load of that sort of kit I could easily lose many days playing around on/with them. Even without the talent!

This track is one that pops into my head where I can most visualise them putting it together bit by bit much like that vid, but I still love it!

(make it past 1:40 ?)

BubbaP

Visit site
Don't know how I missed this post... There's loads. I will get the thinking cap on for the best (and possibly worst) of them...
Ha, no problem. I wouldn't have been sulking :)

I'm well out of depth with the happy hardcore, so will plump for some d.i.s.c.o. re-visited!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ha, no problem. I wouldn't have been sulking :)

I'm well out of depth with the happy hardcore, so will plump for some d.i.s.c.o. re-visited!

Going all the way to the extreme other end of the spectrum, Dutch composer Jan Vayne worked with Armin van Buuren on a series of "Classical Trancelations" where piece of Classical music were reworked with electonica elements through them. One of my favourites is below

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
And then, conversely, Peter Lowland also worked with AvB to do the opposite and take Trance "classics" and give them orchestral/classical workovers.

Here is Solarstone's "Seven Cities" as we know and love it...

And Lowland's spectacular effort

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Something a bit different and darker to start the week off.

Popped up on my Spotify timeline from 2015. Dark, Ambient DnB from Matt Lange (not to be confused with the UK's Trance producer Lange (Stuart James Langelaan).

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another absolute classic (this time courtesy of a remix by the UK's Lange) in the form of The Morrighan's - Remember (To the Millennium).

Another that's hard to fathom (despite the name including Millennium as so many did back then) that this was 1999 and is now 23 years old. Also carrying a message that largely remains unheeded in those 23 years. That opening line, delivered perfectly, "The Light that makes us what we are, is the light that burns in every star" just chills my spine every time I hear it.

Cecily Faye's vocal style as part of The Morrighan were amazing, ethereal and haunting. Even though "Follow Me" was more 'upbeat' it was still unmistakably "Morrighan".

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doing some crate diving at the weekend I unearthed a load of Tech-Trance from the mid/late 90's which I was in to at the time but kind of faded from. Chucked a couple on the deck and now I am properly back in to 90's Tech-Trance. Wonderful stuff here from Cores, and like the track I posted above, Millennium is in (or IS) the name despite it being a 1998 release, I suppose that was when Millennium fever started to grip.

I have now unearthed all my Noom records and just been on Discogs and bought a few that I don't have. At quite reasonable prices too, finally something that's not jumped up in price!