A to Z E.D.M.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apt description ? ?

Amuses me to think it was termed "a fad of a few months" ?

A bit less full on, a little more raw maybe, but a little bonkers & a decade earlier...
Maybe skip a couple of minutes

I was thinking about this after having a discussion with my boy (12) about what music was like when I was his age. At that point, 1989, Acid House was surging and the earliest vibes of the early breakbeat scene were emerging. For me, the scene really exploded in around 1992 with the first 4/4 beats coming through in Scotland (Suburban Delay, GT Sampler and Ultra Sonic at the front, with QFX and Q-Tex not far behind) and, as you say, what was deemed a passing fad that would "be dead in a year tops" ran through with strength until 1998 when it really declined sharply (mainly thanks to police/government crack downs).

But, and this was the bit that struck me, that 6 year period of "going strong" was longer than the likes of Brit Pop and the then later Nui-Metal craze that each probably lasted 4-5 years mainstream max.

As long as people like us, everyone that's listened to and contributed to to this thread, keep listening and sharing, it will never die out.