A to Z E.D.M.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been a couple of times and would love another pilgrimage there just to absorb the sunset with the music, sadly though its not going to be the same as the atmosphere of those heady days with the same tunes and people sharing the passion.

Few mates went a couple of years ago and said it was ***. Totally full of hipsters and idiots.

First time I went was in 1994, the last in 2004. Over that decade, must have been in Ibiza 14 or 15 times.

We will never have times like those again, the music and the vibe has just changed too much. I went to a Space reunion in 2010 and it was terrible, even with the old tunes playing, the atmosphere just wasn't the same, I think it was the lack of spontaneity.

Wolf

Visit site
Few mates went a couple of years ago and said it was ***. Totally full of hipsters and idiots.

First time I went was in 1994, the last in 2004. Over that decade, must have been in Ibiza 14 or 15 times.

We will never have times like those again, the music and the vibe has just changed too much. I went to a Space reunion in 2010 and it was terrible, even with the old tunes playing, the atmosphere just wasn't the same, I think it was the lack of spontaneity.
That is exactly the reason that's stopped me going back over the years, I last went to Ibiza in 2014 but stayed on the other side of the Island in Cala Llonga and made a brief foray over to San Antonio and to the old town. It wasn't the same at all so never committed to having one last proper go of it. The best period for me was late 90s to around 2003.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
We're only a few letters in but already Greig's signposting is working. For example Dan Stone - Spinal Chord, suited my ear.
Am finding it interesting exploring some of what I missed when being a bit older and having other distractions.
P.S. never went to Ibiza, but did make it to Mansfield ??

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Since I missed a few letters here is to catch up:

Blue Planet Corporation - Midian

Banco De Gaia - Last train to Lhasa

The Chemical Brothers (did I miss it?)

(The) Delta - As a I child I could walk on the ceiling

Daft Punk (missed it?)

Do we count Depeche Mode in? ;)

Etnica - Triptonite

Eat Static - Interceptor p1-2

BubbaP

Visit site
For F I'm going back for some stripped down stuff with Farley "Jackmaster" Funk. He did an EP called No Vocals Necessary, in the end am going for these:
The Acid Trip & All Acid Out

FireFly - Supernatural (DJ Winks Acid Journey) staying a tad raw

Flybaby - Fiesta (Way Out West Mix) for some craziness

Fluke - Atom Bomb for a gaming link. Take your pick on mixes, I'm leaning towards Atomix 5

And finally for today's off piste, down tempo item

Fresh 4 - Wishing On A Star

Have a good day all

www.hiltonpark.net
Finitribe - Forevergreen
Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea
DJ Falcon - Together
Fred Falke & Alan Brace - Running Intro
Frankie Knuckles - whistle song but it could really be any of this legend. One of my top 5 nights ever seeing him at Leadmill. Rest of my pals were in the main room listening to LTJ Bukem!!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Flip 'n' Fill - True love never dies
Fat Boy Slim - Right here, right now

I have to rail against your top choice there Wolf my man. Flip n Fill should be eradicated from musical history for plagiarism of plagiarism.

True Love Never Dies was originally a white label mash up of Donna Williams vocals of the same name with Rank 1's Airwave. F n F cloned it and released it claiming it to be theirs because it was already a bootleg and there could be no repercussion.

They also just basically bought Force& Styles back catalogue and cloned those too.

I may have strong feelings on Flip n Fill ?

Wolf

Visit site
I have to rail against your top choice there Wolf my man. Flip n Fill should be eradicated from musical history for plagiarism of plagiarism.

True Love Never Dies was originally a white label mash up of Donna Williams vocals of the same name with Rank 1's Airwave. F n F cloned it and released it claiming it to be theirs because it was already a bootleg and there could be no repercussion.

They also just basically bought Force& Styles back catalogue and cloned those too.

I may have strong feelings on Flip n Fill ?
I wasn't aware of that with Flip n Fill, everyday is a school day. To be fair that was there only track I could remotely class as being worthy of a listen ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wasn't aware of that with Flip n Fill, everyday is a school day. To be fair that was there only track I could remotely class as being worthy of a listen ?

That's how good they were at selling their bullshit :).

Look up the "original" version. Often erroneously titles as Rank 1 vs Kylie Minogue - True Love Never Dies. It actually works really well with Airwave as the backing track.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
So F is a big list today, so many choices.

My upbeat/trip down memory lane has to kick off with a breaks classic.

Fat Controller - In Complete Darkness
(DJ) Fury - Lemonade Raygun (Backroom Mix)
(DJ) Fade - The Future
Fade, XCess & G'Netik - Dreamworld
Force Mass Motion - Listen Up
Frankfurt Terror Corp - Steal It & Deal It
Force & Styles - Follow Me
Final Fantasy - Controlling Transmission
(DJ) Fury - Sanctus Dominus

For My trancier entries

Fictivision - Ringworld
Filo & Peri - I95
Fluchtlicht - Icarus (S.H.O.K.K Remix)
Filterheadz - In Your Eyes (Orange Mix)
Fire & Ice - Souvenir De Chine
Ferry Corsten - Stars (Ferry Mix)
Fragile (Feat. Alex Lemon) - Inertia (AvB Remix)
Firewall - Kilimanjaro
Ferry Corsten - Punk

And for something a little different

Feint Feat. Veela - Vagrant
Futurecop! - Lost Love (Thunderclaw Remix)

Last edited:

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Skipping ahead just a bit but can’t wait to share... Probably best examples of the progression from “morning” goa sounds to “night“ psychedelic trance madness. Best enjoyed in good headphones ;)

Green Nuns of The Revolution - Rock B&*^h Mafia
Growling Mad Scientists - Tentacles of a Jelly Fish

BubbaP

Visit site
Skipping ahead just a bit but can’t wait to share... Probably best examples of the progression from “morning” goa sounds to “night“ psychedelic trance madness. Best enjoyed in good headphones ;)

Green Nuns of The Revolution - Rock B&*^h Mafia
Growling Mad Scientists - Tentacles of a Jelly Fish

477a121ad16e690cd7f8f3e87cb05472.jpg

:D:(:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Did have a listen to the Green Nuns (liked), and the playlist auto moved onto Feint - Vagrant (ft. Veela) so all is well ;)

BubbaP

Visit site
BrianM (& probably others) have talked about memories, and yesterday funkycoldmedina mentioned the Leadmill which made me smile – as that leads in nicely to a vivid memory of mine, hearing this first track for the first time at the Leadmill (think Park or Pickering was DJing). Although I was well used to listening to “different” stuff, this one on first hearing was just a “what, wow” moment, as it seemed so fresh & unique at the time.

Guy Called GeraldVoodoo Ray

I was feeling a bit “vocally” today, until I maybe picked mixes to minimise them :eek:

Grace - Not Over Yet (spin up between Breeder’s It Is Now remix or Matt Darey remix)

GustoDisco’s Revenge (probably plump for the mole hole dirty mix)

Gat DecorPassion (just leaning toward Naked remix)

Gorgon CityReady For Your Love (Club mix)

GypsyFunk De Fino and also SkinnyBumbleBee (Stingin’ Dub)

Soon be the weekend (y)