A to Z E.D.M.

Wolf

Visit site
Is that the Euphoria 2 CD set that kicks off with Trouser Enthusiasts remix of Karen Ramirez - Looking for Love?

If so, it is PF Project, it was 1999 and I have the same one in the CD player in the garage at the moment :D
That is the very same 2 CD set I have on now. Track 3 on CD1, Getting away with it by the Egg(Rollo indared mix) superb base line.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is the very same 2 CD set I have on now. Track 3 on CD1, Getting away with it by the Egg(Rollo indared mix) superb base line.

Cracking CD, if a little commercial. I am currently listening to Deeper Shades of Hooj 2 at the minute, another cracking set of tunes with the likes of Oliver Lieb and Red Jerry, again from 1998 it's that era that really does have the best of the wide spectrum of Dance music.

Wolf

Visit site
Cracking CD, if a little commercial. I am currently listening to Deeper Shades of Hooj 2 at the minute, another cracking set of tunes with the likes of Oliver Lieb and Red Jerry, again from 1998 it's that era that really does have the best of the wide spectrum of Dance music.
Indeed for a mainstream album it has some good tunes and mid to late 90s was superb.

Currently have Red-5 album playing now.

Wolf

Visit site
You‘ll have these tunes pumping in the gym ???
Always do, my Spotify gym play lists i have on my headphones when I'm training always have 90s house, trance or even a bit of drum and bass throughout them. Plus when i can get away with it I would always have them on the gym speakers makes a great training environment. Im always moving between sets as well to the beats?

I have this thing though every workout begins with William Orbits Barbers Adagio mix, then when I stretch at the end I have the classical Barbers Adagio on. I must be a bit weird ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another for D came to me whist messing about on the Technics. (DJ) Demand - Dark & Light (Jimmy J & CRu-L-T Remix). Absolutely outstanding and should appeal to those that like their breaks.
Lovely use of sampling too.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Firstly, I need to make some time tonight for some extra listening!
Actually am having a smile though, I debated whether to kick this thread off at all. And I refer to jury to posts #3 & #4 :eek:

But, depending on how you view it, there are almost 40 years worth of breaks, beats and bass out there - and it is very varied. A pet hate are those " but it all sounds the same" people :confused:

I think it is the "build it and they will come moment" :LOL: (another one for the kids!)

I really hope when this current situation is over, and people are compiling the "strange things that happened in lock down" lists, that a golf forum discussing progressive trance hardcore drum n bass acid is on that list!

Last edited:
www.hiltonpark.net
Not bad but for me it has to be the William Orbit version of Barbers adagio, more chilling intro and a better sample.

I love that William Orbit sample. He was on fire around the time he released that.
The Strange Cargo and Pieces in a Modern Style series were fantastic. He did a good job of producing Madonna as well

BubbaP

Visit site
Dragged another box in tonight, a couple of tracks on my head I couldn't recall and was bothering me. Just in time to slip in another D.

Dread Bass - Baby Tears

If @VVega is still looking in it may be of interest

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today is E, a letter synonymous with the dance scene :D So today's playlist needs to be special.

For the uptempo selection:

Energy & Loopy - Overdose
El Bruto - Hypnotizing (Hard Remix)
Ectomorph - Totally Computerized
Eclipse - Ultraworld 5

For the prog/trance:

Eon - Pocket Damage
Echoplex - Def by Stereo
Empirical Labs - Turtle Beach
En Motion - Getting Away With It (Thrillseekers Mix)
Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar
Envio - Touched By The Sun (Envio's Sunrise Mix) [10 mins of aural bliss :D]
Exor - The Bells
Escade - Shuffle Royal (Alphazone Remix)

And for something a little different/chilled

Electus - Who We Are

Enjoy :)

BubbaP

Visit site
Yep strangely when I was thinking yesterday about E I had a blank, which seemed odd with the references :) This prompted fetching more boxes. I now have a load of extras for A - D! (maybe we go around again if still in lock down).

Here are today's whittled list:

Elevator Man - Funk & Drive (Basement Dub)
Erotic Moments - Take Me High (DJ Duke)
Eric Perez Project - Lies (3 am mix)
Express Of Sound - Body to Body (Grape Dub Mix)

Off piste one:
Eric B & Rakim - Paid In Full (Urban Respray Mix) Some of the mixes haven't aged well (sampling was a new toy back then!), but this one has some guitar in it which is different!

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
Today is E, a letter synonymous with the dance scene :D So today's playlist needs to be special.

For the uptempo selection:

Energy & Loopy - Overdose
El Bruto - Hypnotizing (Hard Remix)
Ectomorph - Totally Computerized
Eclipse - Ultraworld 5

For the prog/trance:

Eon - Pocket Damage
Echoplex - Def by Stereo
Empirical Labs - Turtle Beach
En Motion - Getting Away With It (Thrillseekers Mix)
Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar
Envio - Touched By The Sun (Envio's Sunrise Mix) [10 mins of aural bliss :D]
Exor - The Bells
Escade - Shuffle Royal (Alphazone Remix)

And for something a little different/chilled

Electus - Who We Are

Enjoy :)
Some great shouts in that list there, but for me, Energy52's Cafe Del Mar has a special place in my heart having been privilege enough to be present hearing Jose Padilla play it live in the actual Cafe Del Mar on San Antonio bay beach at sunset. Even the memory sends chills down my spine..

Wolf

Visit site
If you like chill out EDM, and sticking with E - Edward Maya's The Stereo Love Show is a good album to unwind to or drive in the sun

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some great shouts in that list there, but for me, Energy52's Cafe Del Mar has a special place in my heart having been privilege enough to be present hearing Jose Padilla play it live in the actual Cafe Del Mar on San Antonio bay beach at sunset. Even the memory sends chills down my spine..

I know the feeling, been to the Cafe many times over the years.

Wolf

Visit site
I know the feeling, been to the Cafe many times over the years.
Been a couple of times and would love another pilgrimage there just to absorb the sunset with the music, sadly though its not going to be the same as the atmosphere of those heady days with the same tunes and people sharing the passion.

Missed a day………… a bit like most of the 90's ;)

Tim deluxe - We all love sax
Just the one missed day, I used to go out Friday then try to workout Tuesday where the previous 3 days had gone o_O

Wolf

Visit site

Love the original of this, but this is a wee bit off the beaten track.
Unbelivable talent from these musicians.

I quite enjoyed that thanks for sharing. If you like strings along with your EDM try this n by Arin Van Buuren, aptly named intense as per the album of same name. This is the shortened radio edit, the full one is 8mins and brilliant as well imo.