A to Z E.D.M.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I forgot probably the best (and most underrated) trance maestro, Airwave (one of the many pseudonyms of Laurent Veronez but probably the widest known).
Alone in The Dark is a 10 minute trance masterpiece. IMHO of course.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Flaming June - Bt & Pvd mix
Proximus - Mauro Picotto
Lange - drifting away
Southside spinners - luv struck
Balearic bill - destination sunrise
Beam - Dannic radio mix

And something a little less BPM

Armand van helden - I want your soul.

I don’t think there’s a track in there you won’t like. Mainly trance.

Edit* seen you wanted a-z. Never mind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Between you and Grieg I think I'll be exploring the Trance arena more, which is no bad thing :)
Yep, enjoyed all of those and a good variety. (y)

You Tubes been helping, and enjoyed the Armand video with the boom boxes!

Beam made me reflect, early doors any sign of a vocal had me looking for the instrumental, but I mellowed with age and some of my favourites have them.

The stand out for me though is definitely Flaming June. The acid riff on it had me straight away. You have your "B" already :D

BubbaP

Visit site
Couple from early on bit cracking.
Can't not mention Aphex Twin for just being pioneering.

But spent all evening in the garage doing some work with Astral Projection (the 1994 Trust in Trance 3 album).
Anyone Can Fly and Mehadevan are just superb.

Liking Mehadeva, although I'll confess if was on the decks I'd may be be pitching it down a tad - that BPM!

Aphex, of course, has such a catalogue and so experimental, can you signpost to things he's done with maybe more of a "clubby/dance" feel?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Between you and Grieg I think I'll be exploring the Trance arena more, which is no bad thing :)
Yep, enjoyed all of those and a good variety. (y)

You Tubes been helping, and enjoyed the Armand video with the boom boxes!

Beam made me reflect, early doors any sign of a vocal had me looking for the instrumental, but I mellowed with age and some of my favourites have them.

The stand out for me though is definitely Flaming June. The acid riff on it had me straight away. You have your "B" already :D

Wandering waaayyy off the trance path today. Back out in the garage today so will be aurally perusing Billy "Daniel" Bunter's catalogue on GBT Records.

On Flaming June, one of the greatest memories I have is sitting outside the original Cafe Del Mar in July 97 watching the sun go down listening to, what was then, this unreleased tune drifting over me. Any time I hear that intro I am transported back to that exact seat.

BubbaP

Visit site
Yesterday I forgot probably the best (and most underrated) trance maestro, Airwave (one of the many pseudonyms of Laurent Veronez but probably the widest known).
Alone in The Dark is a 10 minute trance masterpiece. IMHO of course.

Don't worry, no strict enforcement here - laid back :)

That was something I liked in this genre, that the creators often weren't interested in using their name to sell a track, they'd release under pseudonyms and see how it was picked up.

Yes liking Alone In The Dark

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Liking Mehadeva, although I'll confess if was on the decks I'd may be be pitching it down a tad - that BPM!

Aphex, of course, has such a catalogue and so experimental, can you signpost to things he's done with maybe more of a "clubby/dance" feel?

Mehadeva is slightly faster than most AP tracks. But its the way that they infuse the almost acidic riffs in to the trance pads that makes it for me.

BubbaP

Visit site
As this is pure self indulgence, gonna stay with A for another post.
Very much signposting my background. Was into Electro and break beats before being bewitched by the arrival of the early (Detroit) Techno and (Chicago) House/Acid

Arthur Baker - Breaker's Revenge

Armando - Confusion's Revenge (by the time I could afford the Technics these old skool ones would be pitched up a tad, as we'd adjusted to higher BPMs!)

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

On the Aphex question, I am not sure. Richard James was the man behind AT. He did have numerous pseudonyms but they were all as weird and experimental as each other. Caustic Window was probably his other well known release name but it was just odd.

BubbaP

Visit site
Anyone on here listened to Thievery Corporation?
Not even sure if they fit in this genre, I heard them a few times last year and they intrigued me ?

Just listened to Letter to the Editor and liked that. I reckon my liking of beats and bass-lines came in part from my father (who had eclectic tastes) playing a lot of reggae when I was a nipper.
Though there seems lots of other tracks in the corporation, feel free to point me/us.

I don't actually like labels, it's just music. But needed to differentiate from the other "old farts rockers thread" ;):):censored:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just listened to Letter to the Editor and liked that. I reckon my liking of beats and bass-lines came in part from my father (who had eclectic tastes) playing a lot of reggae when I was a nipper.
Though there seems lots of other tracks in the corporation, feel free to point me/us.

I don't actually like labels, it's just music. But needed to differentiate from the other "old farts rockers thread" ;):):censored:

There was a chill out radio station I listened to a lot when I was out in Australia last year, they played some great stuff but two songs which stuck out were both by Thievery Corporation.
One was Lebanese Blonde and the other Holographic Universe, they seem to have a decent back catalogue so I'm going to have to delve in.

BubbaP

Visit site
Well, I did make it into one box of vinyl this evening, older stuff, on the back of listened to

Bobby Broom - Beat Freak
Black Riot - A Day In The Life

Found some that someone must have given me which included a white label of
Beats International - Dub Be Good to Me
which incidentally I recall seeing a very nervy early live performance of at a regional DMC mixing championships night

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wouldnt call most of the aforementioned as EDM since EDM to me is Marshmello and others in the line up of Tomorrowland ;)

I do like what we used to call electronic music ;) From hardcore to dng to goa trance to chill out/ambient. Also before EDM there used to be IDM - intelligent dance music :)

Anyway, FWIW here is a couple for A.

Abfhart (Thorsten) - Come in to my life
Afrodite - Stalker (“this could turn Hari Krishna into a bad boy” :)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wouldnt call most of the aforementioned as EDM since EDM to me is Marshmello and others in the line up of Tomorrowland ;)

I do like what we used to call electronic music ;) From hardcore to dng to goa trance to chill out/ambient. Also before EDM there used to be IDM - intelligent dance music :)

I would disagree on your first paragraph. We did used to call it EDM, not often but it was a reference , but that acronym has been hijacked by the crap you hear nowadays.

But more widely we just called it dance music.

By B day today was Billy "Daniel" Bunter for the Happy Hardcore and trancecore, Brothers in Crime for the Dutch hardcore and Ben Preston for some prog trance.

BubbaP

Visit site

No issues, like I said it was mainly to keep it separate from the other similar thread. As per Greig, dance or club or whatever.

Lovin' the Stalker! Gonna play it again.
And probably the smart move to drop the "DJ" as there will be hundreds starting DJ!

Edit: liking Twilight and Wobble also.
Then penny dropped, the SSX games - another guilty pleasure!

Last edited: