A to Z E.D.M.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Just noticed he’d passed away, a real legend in the music world and his songs were a massive part of my younger years partying and clubbing.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
If you are liking this type of “liquid drum n bass” the. Check out some of the stuff on Liquicity Records and artists like Feint, LAOS and Silence Groove.

Some of Feint’s stuff with a vocalist called Veela is just borderline brilliance.
Think generally the dnb was a case of "wrong place wrong time" for me, and there probably isn't much logic to which tracks I gravitate to or not.
So many BOTA bootlegs e.g.

With me being in C19 layup today, I've been going back through the thread and adding a load of trance etc. to the playlist (y)

Did fancy some vocals towards the end , so some Oz craziness..
and the original video is a bit of a laugh!

To finish up went the other direction, going down tempo

Last edited:

BubbaP

Visit site
Nice video. I'm not a big video follower, has the equaliser-building thing been done before? Feel like it must have been, but perhaps not as well.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't quite believe that this is 20 years old. Christian Rusch taking Masters & Nickson's finest work, with the haunting vocals by Justine Suissa (of Oceanlab fame) and just turning the dial to after party chill out level 11.

Evidence, if it was needed, that electronic music could be emotive and melodic and that it wasn't all thud, thud, thud that some thought it to be.

BubbaP

Visit site
Following on from Greig's note about how diverse the genre(s) are, and hoping he can forgive the simple one handed keyboard playing 😂
Bit of a golf reference perhaps with hole in one!
Didn't every town/city have a Paleis? 🤔

BubbaP

Visit site
Gonna go back, way back. Yep this is knocking on the 40 years old door 😯
From one of the early pioneers of what become known as Techno.

If you manage to make it to 5 minutes, I hope you enjoyed your stay 🙂

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I mentioned on the thread for the "normals" :D, I've been re-visiting Oceanlab's 2008 album Sirens of the Sea (For those that don't know, Oceanlab are an alias of Above & Beyond with the addition of Justine Suissa on vocals). One track that always stands out is "On a Good Day" which was the first single released from the album.

A&B ran a comp for a fan video to be made at the time and they then used the winning submission as the official music video for the track. Filmed in Vancouver near Christmas time (I believe it was Christmas 2008), the visuals nicely encompasses the range of emotions and outlooks that the lyrics convey.