A jacket I can swing in

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure I agree with this advice. A larger size will flap around like a tent and get in the way of the swing. I think a snug well fitted jacket (not restrictive) is far more comfortable to swing in.
I agree - thin material and a good fit is ideal. I hate having baggy sleeves and excess material in front of me when I'm trying to swing.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have had a Sunice waterproof jacket for several years now, extremely waterproof has a full zip, is quiet, light and comfortable.
i had a a Sunice jacket years ago, very comfy, easy to swing in, with plenty of features that were better than other jackets i've had since.... only trouble was it was about as waterproof as teabag

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I just bought an adidas short sleeve rain jacket.

I have a couple of rain jackets with sleeves but dont wear them very often due to that restricted feeling.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just bought an adidas short sleeve rain jacket.

I have a couple of rain jackets with sleeves but dont wear them very often due to that restricted feeling.
I probably should have done this. I hate having loose sleeves and always end up pushing them up. My jacket does have the velcro cuffs for tightening though so they're not too bad once I do that.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I probably should have done this. I hate having loose sleeves and always end up pushing them up. My jacket does have the velcro cuffs for tightening though so they're not too bad once I do that.
What do you both do in the winter? Surely you wear long sleeve then? ❄ ?

AdamW

Visit site
Wow, £49.99!!!!!
For anyone looking for a jacket, absolutely recommended.
You have convinced me to get one! Sending my under armour one back find it too 'stiff ' and annoying to swing in.

What is the sizing like? Do I need to size up to have layers underneath?

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I generally vary between L and XL in golf clothing, mainly XL.
This jacket has an inner elasticated waist drawstring (toggle in the pocket), a hem drawstring and velcro on the cuffs, so basically you adjust it as necessary.
I have it in XL, fits perfectly, I wouldn't want it smaller.
I feel I could wear an extra layer underneath, but with a UA baselayer and the jacket, a thinnish warm fleece would be ample in any golfing temp.

So do you wear your normal size in Sunderland stuff? I bought a gilet from county golf in large (my normal size) and it was absolutely huge so have bought a medium instead. Hoping to pick up some more stuff so was wondering whether everything will be big?