A good weeks golf

NobbyNobbs

Hacker
Visit site
Evening all, thought I'd say hello and tell you about the 81 holes of golf I've played since last Saturday, but I'll try to keep it short :D

My main goal this year was to break 100, & once I did, to satisfy my gas with some new irons, however, i somehow found myself kitted out with new clubs before doing so, so to try to justify such a treat, it became my mission to do it! I'd been averaging mid-forties round my home 9, but could never seem to get it all together over 18 holes.
The other week, new clubs in hand I hit 41 with my folks, before hitting 49 after lunch with my buddy, so that's 90 right? Being on 2 cards it didn't feel like it though, and the following couple of 18's were close...

So last Saturday morning i played 9 holes of links golf, followed by 18 more in the afternoon, and as you can read elsewhere, I got an ACE!! Blimey, can't break 100, but gets an ace.. Hey, I ain't complaining. Shot 106 that day, & considering the links & my average was pleased with it.
(27 holes played)

Brought back to earth with 2 mid-week 9's, the 1st an ugly 55, the second a 48 with 24 putts!! :eek:, (45 holes played), before taking my buddy round Pine Ridge yesterday.

It was the first time he'd played anywhere other than our local couple of courses, which reminded me of how nice a public course it is, however, it took 5 & a half hours, 2 of us in buggy. We are patient men. Still, 101 with 43 putts, (there's a pattern here!), unfamiliar course, it'll do. At least I know where I can get a few shots back! (63 holes played)

Out today, my buddy and I and both our Dads, 18 round the home course. It felt good but not great until I got my first par 5 birdie on the 7th, & at the turn my buddy told me I'd hit 45. Ended up getting 91 :D 39 putts, so can still improve there.
(81 holes and time for bed)

A good week. 81 holes, 4 courses, 4 great companions, 1st links, 1st Ace (1st Eagle), 1st par 5 birdie & 1st card (well) under 100. I guess it gets tougher from here :D

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
well done on shooting under 100.

last week sat 10th until yesterday sun 18th i palyed 126 holes, 18 sat, 18 sun 18 tues 9 thurs 27 fri, 18 sat and 18 sun. now at work having a rest

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done. Nice to hear you are enjoying yourself, it comes though in your post. Keep it up, but most of all keep enjoying. Even when it kicks you in the teeth.

NobbyNobbs

Hacker
Visit site
Blimey, full throttle is an appropriate name!!! I thought I was feeling knackered :D

Davem, i do indeed have the bug. I'm aware a fall is due my way, it's been too good a week. Nice to feel I'm starting to put it together tho, I guess it's now about keeping the expectations in check :)