A Forum referendum- Change or no change?

What's the most difficult winter shot?

• Driving off a mat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hitting an iron from wet rough

• Putting with cold hands

• Chipping from a muddy lie

• Wet sand in a greenside bunker

• Total voters

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm almost certainly well in out of my depth here especially as a newbie but maybe a useful tool for MikeH to help work out what is the way forward.

Having looked through all the posts ive kept the options to a few simple ones.

If ive created this out of turn then by all means just delete the thread. No offence intended and none taken.

bill

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
ok if some don't want much change then i would say 3 categories.

Golf
buy/sell
other stuff

personally i would go for more but as there are some who don't want change and some who want change i would say we all need a compromise with minimal change.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
am a Virgo so we like things neat and tidy lets have rooms with categories, makes things easier to find. i use a few different forum sites and they all have between 6-12 different rooms with sub categories and it's very simple to navigate.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well done billyg, you are officially one of us, the sad B's.

:D

Back on OT- as Jimmy Tarbuck would have said many years ago,' well contestants, we appear to have a split decision'

T

thecraw

Listen guys, we all need to move and change with the times. While being a fan of "if it aint broke dont fix it" this forum layout and design screams of 1980's. Bit like having big flapping tounges on your stylo torpedos and expecting not to get slagged by your mates.

The layout at present is poor. Not saying we need anything radical but a bit more jazz and colour will go along way.

I believe some seperate forums to include :-

GOLF

OFF TOPIC

SWAP/SALE

RECOMMENDED/REVIEWS ON GOLF COURSES

TIPS INSTRUCTION

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Going to have to disagree with you there TC. That much fragmentation would be an unmitigated disaster IMHO.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
A maximum of three sections.

golf
non-golf
buy-sell

On the subject of colours these are good as they are, change them to shades of other neutral colours if you like but keep away from colour clashes and bright tones.

Muted tones are restful to the eye and safe for those, like me, that suffer from migraine or other light-induced problems, epilepsy for instance.

In my work I frequently proof read both printed and 'electronic' media. Overally bright and badly contrasting colours are, almost universally, an unmitigated mess and can be virtually unreadable.

T

thecraw

Bring it up too date or you risk losing people to other sites.

Seperate forums and posts automatically going back to the top is ideal.

4-5 sections is nit excessive and not a hardship. As for the boring grey/blue current layout its a disaster. John Major would even be bored of this, come on Mike H boot this site up-to-date!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
MVP, more sections will not mean less repeat topics. These are normally posted by new members or occasional viewers. We just have to patient and accept that as the forum grows we will inevitably get cross over and repetition.

What would you say was the last 'good post to be ignored'?

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
if theres a lis of 10 posts under swing tips its easier to notice a post already there. theres less chance of duplications if someone has to sift through 10 pages because all subjects are mixed together.

Notice in the pro shop there is a section for irons, a section for balls, a section for clothes ....

So it makes sense to have a section for swing mechanics and tips etc, a section for non golf chat, a section for perhaps equipment etc... in the forum.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
1. Clubhouse - everything subject except Race, Religion or Politics.

2. Golf Section - excluding equipment.

3. Equipment Section.