A few misconceptions about golf ball

alex rutherford

Visit site
I wanted to ask two questions about golf ball to clear misconceptions
  1. How does the spin rate of a golf ball affect its flight and stopping ability on the green?
  2. How can you tell if a golf ball is out of balance, and what effect does this have on its flight?
  3. How do you properly store and care for your golf balls to ensure optimal performance and longevity?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
  1. How does the spin rate of a golf ball affect its flight and stopping ability on the green?
  2. How can you tell if a golf ball is out of balance, and what effect does this have on its flight?
  3. How do you properly store and care for your golf balls to ensure optimal performance and longevity?
Maybe learn to count before asking technical questions……🤣🤣🤣

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Q2

Use a Technomatic ball balancer, it is like a gyroscope out off balance when first hit and the ball will slowly go in to balance as the spin rate increases. So if it is balanced to begin with less 'energy' is spent getting it balanced in flight so more 'energy' goes in to distance.

IJames

Visit site
(Back)spin helps balls to stay in the air Too much spin will reduce distance because flight is less 'pearcing' and may 'balloon'; too little spin will reduce distance because the 'stay in the air' effect is insufficient. More spin will also tend to reduce rollout or even promote drawback on the green, though that might not always be desirable.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hope they will be more accurate than your 'penalties' topic.