A dent (crater) in the top of my 3 Wood!

Bobmysterkaymer

Head Pro
Visit site
Yesterday I was waiting for a ladies 4 ball to clear our par 3 9th so I thought I'd take some practice swings with the club I was going to use. I took these swings to close to my bag and hit my 3 wood. I inspected the club only to find a crater the size of golf ball inverted in the top as you look down at te club at address. Club still works fine just looks hidious and sounds more 'tinny'
I went round all the car body shops and no one wanted to touch it with regards to pulling the dent out! So the options are to buy a new stage 2 rbz hopefully around £100 or stick with this one:-(gutted!

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe it's telling you it's time to get something else ;)

... nah, I'd be on the lookout for either a head on its own, or a club with the wrong shaft that might be cheap.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I was waiting for a ladies 4 ball to clear our par 3 9th so I thought I'd take some practice swings with the club I was going to use. I took these swings to close to my bag and hit my 3 wood. I inspected the club only to find a crater the size of golf ball inverted in the top as you look down at te club at address. Club still works fine just looks hidious and sounds more 'tinny'
I went round all the car body shops and no one wanted to touch it with regards to pulling the dent out! So the options are to buy a new stage 2 rbz hopefully around £100 or stick with this one:-(gutted!

Have you actually seen how they pull dents out of cars, no way you could ever do that to a golf club

Bobmysterkaymer

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replys guys, I've decided to stick two plasters in the shape of a cross over the crater with the word 'OUCH!' And will continue to use it for the next few weeks. The face is still fine as it the sole of the club, it just looks hidious, so now it can look hidious with a little humour:)

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hit a metal post at the range once with an r7 3 wood that was only a few days old, i carried on playing it and it was fine.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Just a thought , somebody with better knowledge im sure will inform you correctly .. does this club still conform and is it ok to play in comps with ?
Judging by the rules its not;

Rule 4 – Clubs4-1 – Clubs must conform to the specifications in Appendix II; generally, clubs must be of a "traditional form and make", and "plain in shape". Normal wear and tear does not make a club non-conforming if it was originally conforming as long as it is fit for play.4-2 – The characteristics of a club cannot be changed during a round, and foreign material cannot be applied to the club to influence the ball.4-3 – Clubs that become damaged and unusable by normal play may be repaired or replaced if it does not delay the game; clubs damaged in other means (frustration) cannot be used, repaired or replaced. A player may not borrow a club from another person playing to substitute a damaged one, nor assemble one from any spare parts that may be carried to repair clubs. If a club damaged in the normal course of play is unfit for play it may be replaced or repaired. Repair means to return the club to its original state.