A bit of advice or your opinions appreciated PLS

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Hello all,

Well after hitting the range twice a week for a couple of months I have decided I do not like my Driver, it is a 2019 Callaway X series, there is something about it I just can't get on with, it feels too long for one and I barely hit 200yds with it, and when I do I go high and right ( I know lessons needed ).
I have been hitting my irons great, I feel like I see improvements every session with them, I am hitting them long and straight. I have wedges and they also go where I hit them more often than not. But my driver is proving a bit of a pain in the behind.
So here is what I am thinking. I am thinking of getting a different Driver, not a new one. I have been looking in all the usual places and trawled Youtube for advice on older forgiving drivers on a budget £70ish.
I have a few older Drivers in mind so if anyone has any knowledge or opinions on any of these clubs I would appreciate anything you have to say before I hunt one down on Ebay.
My shortlist is
Ping G15, G20, G25 and the K15
Taylormade M2 ( slightly out of budget )
Cobra Bio Cell
Maybe I need a shorter length club or one that is just a little easier to hit.
Any help or advice will be listened too and appreciated, I may be getting old but your never to old to learn.

Myblueheaven

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Just my two cents or pence or whatever,
but I think that the clubhead speed gained from a 45" driver shaft is for many recreational players
no compensation for the fewer mid-face strikes than would be made with a 43½" driver shaft.

Loft also matters.
When our club head speed reduces, we may not provide the brute force to,
with too strong-lofted a driver,
push the ball to the optimum height of trajectory to get the most carry.

I think that if one isn't moving a well-hit drive a bit more than 200 yards with a 10.5º driver,
215 is there for the taking with a 12 to 13.5º driver.
My experience, anyway.

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Just my two cents or pence or whatever,
but I think that the clubhead speed gained from a 45" driver shaft is for many recreational players
no compensation for the fewer mid-face strikes than would be made with a 43½" driver shaft.

Loft also matters.
When our club head speed reduces, we may not provide the brute force to,
with too strong-lofted a driver,
push the ball to the optimum height of trajectory to get the most carry.

I think that if one isn't moving a well-hit drive a bit more than 200 yards with a 10.5º driver,
215 is there for the taking with a 12 to 13.5º driver.
My experience, anyway.
Thanks for your 2 cents, I have tried a shorter length, 44"ish and it felt better to swing, so maybe a higher loft and shorter than standard shaft may help. If I've understood that correctly. Thank you

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Is it regular flex or stiff flex.
It should say on the shaft somewhere

Regular flex or senior flex can be another difficult choice for the senior player.
Senior flex may yield a few more yards at the expense of accuracy due to more torque in the softer senior shaft.
I still use regular after trying senior and spraying my ball around with it.

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Regular flex or senior flex can be another difficult choice for the senior player.
Senior flex may yield a few more yards at the expense of accuracy due to more torque in the softer senior shaft.
I still use regular after trying senior and spraying my ball around with it.
At 49 do I class as senior in golf terms, I know I'm ancient in football ( soccer ) terms.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you can spend a little extra and get the Ping G30 with SF Tec that'll straighten out the slice a bit and then you won't need to waste money on lessons! Win win. :D