98 points won today!

incatrekker

Visit site
Today was a 2 from 3 better ball stableford. Yellow tees, placing on fairways, SR 130, 95% H'Cap no limit. The winning teams teams H'Caps were 20, 38, 24. The winning margin was 8 points. I'd be interested in comments on this score from others, please.

D

Deleted member 15344

So they had an average of just below 6 points per hole - was the course short ? Are they new members ? New handicaps ?

Certainly an impressive score

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Last May, our club had an over 60s best 2 from 4 Stableford AmAm.
Winning score was 95 points.
Second place was 11 points behind with 84.
This was an open won by a team of 4 members.
Puts me off inviting people. Too embarrassing.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
a couple of the lads at our place play in Portugal this time of the year.I think it is with golfing days. I had a look the other day and a four man comp won with -54. Not sure if it was. 3 or 4 day Comp but flippin eck.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interested to hear if they’re newish players. I know a few high handicappers who are new to the game and don’t count penalty drops, lost balls etc. Then again they may have just smashed it so fair play 👏

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our Sat roll up - today 36 players - was won with 39pts, two in 2nd with 38pts. I had 37pts and delighted. As per our rolllup rules winner was cut 0.1 for every £ and so as the winner today won £20he had his roll up HI cut by 2.0 to make it harder for him to do it again.

Would expect a 2 from 4 Stableford to be won by low 90s, occasionally mid-90s, but it does rather depend on they being mostly a higher handicap team and all playing well.

Last edited:

incatrekker

Visit site
So they had an average of just below 6 points per hole - was the course short ? Are they new members ? New handicaps ?

Certainly an impressive score

One new member off 37. Not particularly short, 6100 yards, tree-lined fairways. An average of over 5 points per hole means an average of better than net eagles on each hole. Haven't checked their score card yet!

D

Deleted member 15344

One new member off 37. Not particularly short, 6100 yards, tree-lined fairways. An average of over 5 points per hole means an average of better than net eagles on each hole. Haven't checked their score card yet!

As it’s best 2 from 3 that means it’s an average of just under two net birdies per player of the two that are counting

incatrekker

Visit site
Interested to hear if they’re newish players. I know a few high handicappers who are new to the game and don’t count penalty drops, lost balls etc. Then again they may have just smashed it so fair play 👏
As it’s best 2 from 3 that means it’s an average of just under two net birdies per player of the two that are counting
True, I’m still in shock!!

wjemather

Visit site
Today was a 2 from 3 better ball stableford. Yellow tees, placing on fairways, SR 130, 95% H'Cap no limit. The winning teams teams H'Caps were 20, 38, 24. The winning margin was 8 points. I'd be interested in comments on this score from others, please.
The CONGU recommended allowance is 85%. Predictably, using 95% seems to have heavily favoured higher handicappers.

To assess anything else, as a minimum we'd need to know the Course Rating and Par for the course, and (as others have said) something about the golfers involved.

Visit site
Did they play texas scramble or something?

In our captains drive-in, 97 points won - but that was best 2 from 4. Handicaps were 26, 26, 21 and 11.
My team was runner up with 95 points, handicaps of 4, 8, 14 and 21. The 21 handicapper naturally did a lot of the heavy lifting - he is a new member, former nomad and is quite clearly a huge bandit off his handicap. He is already down to 19, and shot 38 pts with 2 blobs today in the competition (so likely another decent cut!).

98pts with best 2 from 3 is ridiculous!