7 or 9 wood

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How is it so that a Titleist shaft seems to move the grip orientation, etc when adjusted but a Callaway doesn't? What makes the difference

?????

Moving the shaft round is always going to move the grip round. It is why manufacturers fit plain round grips.

Mandofred

Visit site
Well, after spending a bit of time today checking reviews etc.....the only 9ish wood that Snainton has is the Stealth. Our pro shop pushes the Cobra's, and their 7 wood is only 1 degree (22.5) less than the Ping 9 wood (23.5)....but 1.5 less than the Stealth at 24. Might go in and talk to them tomorrow and see if I can at least test the Cobra and Stealth fairway woods to see what they feel like.....and whether I can get hold of one this century.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Uhhhh.....if I tee it up on the fairway....somebody might object;). I'm not talking about tee shots......usually 2nd or 3rd shots into the green. Although....we do have a couple of par 3's I'd consider using a 9 wood on.

Haha assumed this was a par 3. My bad.

marksman

Visit site
Well, after spending a bit of time today checking reviews etc.....the only 9ish wood that Snainton has is the Stealth. Our pro shop pushes the Cobra's, and their 7 wood is only 1 degree (22.5) less than the Ping 9 wood (23.5)....but 1.5 less than the Stealth at 24. Might go in and talk to them tomorrow and see if I can at least test the Cobra and Stealth fairway woods to see what they feel like.....and whether I can get hold of one this century.
Have a look on the EU Callaway pre owned Website. Couple of 7 and 9 woods on there . Bought my Mavrik irons , my 5 wood and gap wedge from them and every club they have sent to me looks brand new .

Mandofred

Visit site
Have a look on the EU Callaway pre owned Website. Couple of 7 and 9 woods on there . Bought my Mavrik irons , my 5 wood and gap wedge from them and every club they have sent to me looks brand new .
Thanks! That might do it......although I just noticed that the Epic Max has no hosel adjustment. Although considering this will be a test to see if it works for me, £100 less than new may be worth going for the 11 wood.

Last edited:

Mandofred

Visit site
I'm not thrilled so far. I just attempted to order an 11 wood from this site. When clicking the confirmation button...took me back to the home page. No email confirmation. Tried calling them....but it's a US 800 number, so I can't use it. Sent an email which hasn't been that long, so there is still time for that to get some info.

marksman

Visit site
I'm not thrilled so far. I just attempted to order an 11 wood from this site. When clicking the confirmation button...took me back to the home page. No email confirmation. Tried calling them....but it's a US 800 number, so I can't use it. Sent an email which hasn't been that long, so there is still time for that to get some info.
. Sorry to hear you’re having problems. Never had a glitch myself and I’ve had 3 separate orders with them . They are based in Chessington and the phone number is 0800 026 4653 .

Mandofred

Visit site
Got it solved eventually. I got good response from emailing them, never could get their phone number to work.....but if it's an overseas phone number, my phone plan won't do it. Turns out the problem was with the web site.....even though the site was allowing you to choose express delivery for £9.96, you couldn't. The only thing I could think of was to try it with the free shipping.... it worked then. Second guessing myself now though.....went with the 11 wood, the 9 might have been the better choice. Or not....I'll find out in a couple of days. If the 11 will drop the ball anywhere in that 150-165 range with only a little roll out....there are several holes I might be using it on.

marksman

Visit site
Got it solved eventually. I got good response from emailing them, never could get their phone number to work.....but if it's an overseas phone number, my phone plan won't do it. Turns out the problem was with the web site.....even though the site was allowing you to choose express delivery for £9.96, you couldn't. The only thing I could think of was to try it with the free shipping.... it worked then. Second guessing myself now though.....went with the 11 wood, the 9 might have been the better choice. Or not....I'll find out in a couple of days. If the 11 will drop the ball anywhere in that 150-165 range with only a little roll out....there are several holes I might be using it on.
Glad to hear you got it sorted. If the 11 wood isn’t suitable for you , you can return it to them within 14 days I believe .