6N 2022

D

Deleted member 1147

Caught a bit of a discussion on 5live tonight about the match, it made me realise that I had been watching the wrong game ........ in the one I saw Ireland won !

To be fair, I've seen plenty of Rugby press over the years, for Wales having "moral victories", when playing their old brand of attacking rugby, but losing valiantly.

Also, as Greg says, Ireland were unspectacular, as they were against Italy, so the only thing to really discuss about them was well done on playing "poorly" but getting the win.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lived in scotland for plenty of years to see the Scottish bias within the media ?

Not a Scottish Express or Mail reader then.:love:
I would love to know which TV stations in Scotland have a Scottish bias, perhaps you could name them.:unsure:
When the folk in England are watching Hamilton Accies play Cove Rangers in the Scottish Cup on prime time English BBC 1 or 2 perhaps we could have a conversation.... because I find having diddy English teams playing Cup games on prime time Scottish TV very very strange.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not a Scottish Express or Mail reader then.:love:
I would love to know which TV stations in Scotland have a Scottish bias, perhaps you could name them.:unsure:
When the folk in England are watching Hamilton Accies play Cove Rangers in the Scottish Cup on prime time English BBC 1 or 2 perhaps we could have a conversation.... because I find having diddy English teams playing Cup games on prime time Scottish TV very very strange.

Not sure what “diddy” English team are on Prime Time Scottish Tv but you are more than welcome to “turn over” - if it’s not to your liking.

If I want to watch the Scottish Cup then I can if I wish

But once again you are just taking the thread to some anti English angle and bring football into it

Last edited by a moderator:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can you take comments on what football is on TV over to the football thread. As far as rugby is concerned, there is actually more scottish and welsh club rugby, often in their native tongue on TV than there is English. In fact I will often watch welsh matches on S4C or similar. As for the 6 Nations, every match is covered live and given an equal length program for build up and analyis. Non 6 Nations international rugby is all over the shop for all nations so nobody knows where it is going to turn up but it all gets shown.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not sure what “diddy” English team are on Prime Time Scottish Tv but you are more than welcome to “turn over” - if it’s not to your liking.

If I want to watch the Scottish Cup then I can if I wish

But once again you are just taking the thread to some anti English angle and bring football into it

Diddy English teams are 6th tier clubs playing in the English Cup televised matches.
As I said imagine English viewers having to make 'the choice to turn over' from watching Brechin City v Cowdenbeath on prime time BBC1 or 2.
I think Brechin and Clach are both 5th tier Scottish Leagues.
The thread was talking about equality of TV sports production on British TV.
I was giving you a glaring example of how skewed it is. [Two now.:love:]

D

Deleted member 1147

Diddy English teams are 6th tier clubs playing in the English Cup televised matches.
As I said imagine English viewers having to make 'the choice to turn over' from watching Brechin City v Cowdenbeath on prime time BBC1 or 2.
I think Brechin and Clach are both 5th tier Scottish Leagues.
The thread was talking about equality of TV sports production on British TV.
I was giving you a glaring example of how skewed it is. [Two now.:love:]
No, the thread is about the Six Nations. You’re the one moaning about watching English club rugby.
Also, I highly doubt you watch 6th tier club matches.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A good Scitland victory over a spicy Italian side. Still plenty errors in our game and fear a tanking in Dublin if we play like that however that is a game we would have lost 6 years ago

Your game was a great watch. Was going to switch off and listen to the Tigers at half time but ended up watching the full 80 minutes

Reactions: Val

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
A good Scitland victory over a spicy Italian side. Still plenty errors in our game and fear a tanking in Dublin if we play like that however that is a game we would have lost 6 years ago
Also best performance this tournament by Italy imo. Not sure whether how much, if any, was due to 'the opposition', but an entertaining game. Still a bit 'league-ish' for me to love, but that is what the 'modern' game has evolved into. It's also why scrums must continue, even if uncontested, as that 'removes' 8 guys from each side which allows gaps in the back-line to be probed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Your game was a great watch. Was going to switch off and listen to the Tigers at half time but ended up watching the full 80 minutes
Yeah, we watched in the Twickenham fan zone. It was a great watch.
End to end action.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could be 2/3 English backs who might be up playing for Italy next year, would make a lot of difference mas their pack has always been pretty decent.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Also best performance this tournament by Italy imo. Not sure whether how much, if any, was due to 'the opposition', but an entertaining game. Still a bit 'league-ish' for me to love, but that is what the 'modern' game has evolved into. It's also why scrums must continue, even if uncontested, as that 'removes' 8 guys from each side which allows gaps in the back-line to be probed.
Either uncontested or only contested as the ball is fed in. It's getting pathetic how often the scrum collapses at the set stage now. If it has to be contested then maybe reduce it to five so play can be more attacking.

greenone

Visit site
Either uncontested or only contested as the ball is fed in. It's getting pathetic how often the scrum collapses at the set stage now. If it has to be contested then maybe reduce it to five so play can be more attacking.
Just get the ball fed in straight and get the hookers hooking.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
You missed/failed to absorb my assertion that having 8-man scrums promotes more attacking play - with backs spread widely across the field capable of probing the greater gaps betwen players. A 5 man scrum would be little difference from a maul, with 3 more players squeezing the space for attacks and play likely to become even more 'league-like' than the high-paced, flowing attacks I prefer.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You missed/failed to absorb my assertion that having 8-man scrums promotes more attacking play - with backs spread widely across the field capable of probing the greater gaps betwen players. A 5 man scrum would be little difference from a maul, with 3 more players squeezing the space for attacks and play likely to become even more 'league-like' than the high-paced, flowing attacks I prefer.
I disagree, Rugby Union has become too slow and lacking flair. The game needs changing.

greenone

Visit site
I disagree, Rugby Union has become too slow and lacking flair. The game needs changing.
A properly hooked ball is the fastest ball there is in the game. Ball goes in, the hooker hooks the ball straight to the number 8s feet and the ball is available in about a second. Then it's upto the scrum half/8 to get it out to the backs as they see fit.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A properly hooked ball is the fastest ball there is in the game. Ball goes in, the hooker hooks the ball straight to the number 8s feet and the ball is available in about a second. Then it's upto the scrum half/8 to get it out to the backs as they see fit.
The ball is never put in straight, the scrum collapses or turns creating a fail more often than a clean ball back. It's a time waste and imo needs changing.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The ball is never put in straight, the scrum collapses or turns creating a fail more often than a clean ball back. It's a time waste and imo needs changing.
It's a totally reasonable way of restarting the game after a breakdown, giving the non-offending/forward moving side an/the advantage.
Re the bold bit...tweaking perhaps, but it does achieve the italicised bit reasonably well while maintaining the 'warrior' nature of the game.