60th Birthday Present

RickM

Visit site
Hi All,

I'm looking for a little inspiration, this summer is my dad's 60th birthday and with golf being his big hobby I thought I'd get him something golf related.

I've looked in AG and Nevada Bobs, but with the frequency that new kit is brought out I'm not sure equipment is the way to go.

His birthday is in June, so I've got time to sort it out. Budget wise, I'm thinking hundreds rather than thousands.

Any ideas you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

R

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would go with an exclusive course , a course where he could look back and say I've played that course. St. Andrews would do it for me. Wouldn't buy any equipment wise, maybe a pair of shoes

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm looking for a little inspiration, this summer is my dad's 60th birthday and with golf being his big hobby I thought I'd get him something golf related.

I've looked in AG and Nevada Bobs, but with the frequency that new kit is brought out I'm not sure equipment is the way to go.

His birthday is in June, so I've got time to sort it out. Budget wise, I'm thinking hundreds rather than thousands.

Cheers

R

custom fitted irons

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It was my 60th in December and 3 good lady has bought me flights to Scotland, 3 days at Gleneagles, a lesson followed by a round with the pro on the Ryder Cup course - guessed its £100's worth but might be wrong. I'm sure he'd enjoy that - go on splash the cash!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Take him to the US Open qualifying at Walton Heath, it's free. Than at the end of the day give him a green fee ticket for all 36 holes.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd prefer something that lasts longer than 5 hours so even though a round somewhere nice is er, nice, I'd rather have something that lasted longer. How about a set of Galvin waterproofs? Reassuringly expensive and they will last. Flipping useful too.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd prefer something that lasts longer than 5 hours so even though a round somewhere nice is er, nice, I'd rather have something that lasted longer. How about a set of Galvin waterproofs? Reassuringly expensive and they will last. Flipping useful too.
Memories of playing a great course last forever. Set of waterproofs last about three years.;)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi All,

Cheers

R

idea of a budget would help?

A round- with Caddie - at a course he has always fancied would be my shout, budget determines everything though.