Birthday present ideas!

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

My missus has just asked me the dreaded "what do you want for your birthday?" question.

I haven't a clue. My only hobby is golf. I have all the tech gadgets I want really, have no time for computer games anymore so a ps4 or Xbox one is out. I'm really stumped.

I don't really need anything for golf, at least I don't think I do. Just got new irons, putter, wedges, and rationalised down to one driver from many. I have a decent carry bag and cart bag, and a clicgear. Got 3 pairs of serviceable golf shoes and decent waterproofs.
The only things I can think of that I am interested in are a fitting for the 915 driver fairway and hybrid at Titleist fitting centre Celtic manor, but that will result in huge expenditure on clubs. Or maybe a laser range finder.

Anyone have any ideas that I may not have though of?

Cheers
Stu

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just tell her to 'surprise me'.

Never EVER let a non golfer choose a golf-themed present for you.

You will end up with golf ball finder glasses, a Dunlop gift set or a PGA scorecard holder. :mad:

Yes, I have all 3, and have now respectfully asked that no-one gets me anything golf related.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Regio3 - You missed off the 16 books of witty golfing quotes that aren't really that witty or stopped being witty by the 3rd book.

Lessons are always useful, a nice golf polo shirt (make and size to be provided to prevent horror buys), named brand golf balls. If you get a fitted driver voucher from your wife then blimey, she's a keeper.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems like all you need is a GPS or range finder of some sorts . . . go for that. I agree with region3 though. Maybe go with her when she buy's it . . . .

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Smiffy: just got new mizzie mp64s so no dice, cheers anyway.

Doon: if I ask her to surprise me, she will, with nowt.

Lesson is not a bad idea, trouble is I'm forever buying blocks of lessons and then not having time to use them.

Might look into a lesson with Crossfield, that would be quite cool, and he's within reasonable driving distance of me.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was going to suggest a lesson with Crossfield actually. Been dropping hints to the missus to get me one booked in as a graduation present. Fingers crossed!