Any Suggestions For a Golf Related 40th Birthday Present

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clutching at straws a bit here but looking for ideas for a golf related 40th birthday present for my brother. We play most weeks and he sort of relies on me for a golf related present as I generally know what he wants. Wanted to do somehting a bit different for his 40th though as have done the usual shoes, sweaters, balls etc.

Considered a round at a top course but that would mean paying for 2 people (who wants to go on their own) and also he has played most of the top courses (he is in marketing and clients take him).

I could upgrade his driver as his is getting on a bit but he is left handed so not easy to find stock and could really only spring for last year's models. That said, I would be happy buying for him off the peg as he is very much a casual golfer (never enters comps) and plays for the banter and I know his specs.

I was thinking about maybe some golf memorabilia or autographed item as he has a bit of a collection of signed rugby shirts and cricket bats but no idea where to buy from that I can trust.

Any other suggestions from the forum.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tickets for The Open.

Think he has already lined these up. He tends to get corporately entertained at these things certainly was given Ryder Cup tickets and he was at the Open last year.

Bacardibatman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
how about you and his m8's club together & have a day or 2's golfing away somewhere nice

if you can square it with the HID's

&
i was disappointed the free tees in last months GM were all right handed ones :D :D

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wish I had though of one of these for my mates 40ths

zimmer.jpg

The inflatable zimmer. I think they are about £5-£10

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
GB,
Not sure what your budget is but my dad was 60 last thursday....
What i got everyone to do was to chip in a few bob and we got him a "Scotty, California Del Mar"......He had wanted one for ages and it was a surprise but i went a little extra and got it engraved also......Its now something thats personal to only him and very sentimental....

The other good thing is he will never get rid of it so it should last in the family for a very long time....

Just a thought for you! ;)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
GB,
What i got everyone to do was to chip in a few bob and we got him a "Scotty, California Del Mar"......He had wanted one for ages and it was a surprise but i went a little extra and got it engraved also......Its now something thats personal to only him and very sentimental....

The other good thing is he will never get rid of it so it should last in the family for a very long time....

Not a bad idea, how do you go about getting a putter engraved. Is it something a normal engravercan do without damaging the putter? I may not be able to stump up enough for a Scotty (probably can only go up to £100) but his 2 ball is getting on a bit so an engrave putter could work.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
i was disappointed the free tees in last months GM were all right handed ones :D :D

there are some lef handed ones on ebay..... :D

What about a playing lessson for a present?

Playing lesson is the sort of thing I would buy him normally so looking for something a bit different, out of the ordinary or something that he can keep.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
GB,

We brought it to a shop that makes and engraves mostly trophies but he told us that he had done clubs before and if it fit in the machine then there would be no problem.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing lesson is the sort of thing I would buy him normally so looking for something a bit different, out of the ordinary or something that he can keep.

playing lesson with Natalie Gulbis? :eek: :D

What about a customised golf bag? Some come with a removable panel that you could get embroidered with his name.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

there are some lef handed ones on ebay..... :D

What about a playing lessson for a present?

What kind of putter is he into.....
I used a few mallets until i fell across this one and i love it....They can be had relatively cheap too....I only paid 80 euro for mine even though its not a scotty it is milled and its a peach to putt with.....

icon_putters.jpg