5 Year Business Plan

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Does your Club have a 5 year plan?

If it has who prepared the plan; how relevant is it to your Club?

How specific are the objectives and is there somebody e.g England Golf who have some sort of generic plan which can be modified for different Clubs?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't know for sure, but my impression since joining is that they are a very well run club and will have something in place.

They are extremely pro-active at recruiting new members, albeit this only means standing still in many periods.
They do plenty of budget planning and forecasting and are well aware of the general trend that will make it harder for so many golf clubs to exist in our area.

5 years seems a long time away and I do worry what the health of clubs around here will be.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We do and it is naturally ongoing. We have a separate sub committee which is a mix of Club Manager, Captains's committee member and Directors.

There was a time when the members could contribute suggestions but that seems to have gone by the wayside with the current board.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Having a 5 year rolling plan is vital for finance, forward planning, repairs and renewals.

As an observation of my time in golf management many private clubs were poorly run with no real long term planning.
Propriety clubs were too busy just surviving to plan ahead.
Council run courses were generally well organised with decent forward planning and funding.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have a rolling plan, approved by the directors and then managed by the GM and/or the relevant committees with relevant input from the necessary parties (head greenkeeper, caterers, etc). The club doesn't publish the longer term plan, but does give a one year plan with the AGM pack and on the night including updates on equipment upgrades etc.