3 Wood

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Me and 3-woods have never really got on, but I need something that will give me longer distance than my current 3-Utility and 5-wood.

So I am in the market for a second hand 3-wood. Not bothered about age, quite happy to purchase a 2009 or 2010 model so long as it is quality. Will be used predominantly off fairway, occasionally off the tee, from a variety of lies on an inland, parkland course.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Last edited:

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm the same with 3 woods, I haven't seen anyone at my club hit a 3 wood off the fairway with any conviction
Back to your question, I've just recently got hold of a TM Burner 2008 5 wood. as I have the same year & model hybrid I had no hesitation in buying it, the feel is so solid
I would suggest the 3 wood in this model would be to the same standard
try googling for reviews nothing but praises

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Plenty of good 3 woods out there. I mentioned in another thread the old Taylormade V-steel. Was excellent.

currently have an SLDR S which is very good off the deck. Shallower face really helps getting a clean contact off the ground.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm with Bob, the Ping fairways the past 5 years have been excellent, I have an i20 which i picked up new for about 100 quid when the i25 came out.