SFT driver and 3 wood

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Thanks I have the Max .
So the swing weight might have a bigger effect than the 3G of weight.?
Can we mere mortals be affected by 3G.
I would argue yes. It's miniscule, but then golf is all about millimeters and fractions, so while we may not be able to feel a difference, the resulting ball direction/distance/flight may differ, and possibly by a good bit... the worse the swinger! ?

Bratty

Visit site
I looked it up too, and I was surprised the SFT weight wasn't greater than the Max one. It must be positioned closer to the heel though? Otherwise I don't see how that has more draw bias than the Max on 'draw' setting. :unsure:
Swingweight is 2 different though too. Could be that.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I agree with both these statements! ?
I can slice the arse of the SFT, and it's also shorter than my Rogue by 10 yards. But it's 20 yards straighter and generally in the light rough at worse.

To be fair I put the most wonkiest of swings on Bratty’s and it went bullet straight, if you can slice that then spend the money on lessons!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I am a serial slicer and I have the Ping 425 SFT , no doubt it has helped me , however I am still perfectly capable of hitting a massive banana.

As others have said there is no quick fix in golf
You are obviously impatient for results and I suspect that you are simply trying to hit the ball too hard,

I also feel that’s it’s probably pointless trying to give you any advice as you will do what you want anyway.

See the pro, work with them, practice &
Ingrain this is the way forward, throwing money at kit will not cure an inherent problem.

G1z1

Visit site
I am a serial slicer and I have the Ping 425 SFT , no doubt it has helped me , however I am still perfectly capable of hitting a massive banana.

As others have said there is no quick fix in golf
You are obviously impatient for results and I suspect that you are simply trying to hit the ball too hard,

I also feel that’s it’s probably pointless trying to give you any advice as you will do what you want anyway.

See the pro, work with them, practice &
Ingrain this is the way forward, throwing money at kit will not cure an inherent problem.
No no not at all, I appreciate all advice it’s just so frustrating this golf. Played 18 after my lesson today. After 9 I was +4 had a few strong fades come slices but very manageable then back 9 I went +10 with a few really bad slices and 1 lost ball. Just thinking maybe grab a SFT because I’m not sure how long my swing is going to take to fix.
I have 3 problems, 1st is I’m opening the face on backswing 2nd is coming over the top 3rd is I’m leaving the face open at impact most of the time.
I know what I need to fix but it’s hard trying to change them and so I’m getting frustrated and looking for a fast fix. I know myself the right thing it’s just be patient and let the pro work his magic

Bratty

Visit site
No no not at all, I appreciate all advice it’s just so frustrating this golf. Played 18 after my lesson today. After 9 I was +4 had a few strong fades come slices but very manageable then back 9 I went +10 with a few really bad slices and 1 lost ball. Just thinking maybe grab a SFT because I’m not sure how long my swing is going to take to fix.
I have 3 problems, 1st is I’m opening the face on backswing 2nd is coming over the top 3rd is I’m leaving the face open at impact most of the time.
I know what I need to fix but it’s hard trying to change them and so I’m getting frustrated and looking for a fast fix. I know myself the right thing it’s just be patient and let the pro work his magic
If you have those three problems, the SFT is only going to help a little bit!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Using an SFT will mask some of those problems though.
This might affect the way you try to fix things.
You need to fix your swing faults then everything will fall into place.
Frustrating yes ,but most golfers have been through it.
Good luck.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thinking about picking up the ping g425 SFT driver and 3 wood this week just to give me a quick fix.I will be keeping my ping g425 max driver and 3 wood just want the SFT as a temporary solution and I remember testing the SFT driver and it’s near impossible to slice. I do plan to fix my over the top but if I could get a quick fix it means I could start playing the top 100 courses again. The now I just feel too inconsistent off the tee and getting frustrated so don't want to be playing bad on nice courses.

Lesson today and we worked on getting a draw, I was hitting a draw with the pw,9 and 8 iron but from 7 iron and on was struggling so pro said it will take a bit of time to get the new swing ingrained into me.
So wanted to ask will a SFT lose me distance? I’m guessing there must be some downside to using one ?

With respect, are you sure you weren't hitting a bit of a pull with the PW and 9? That is what an outside to in swing would do with lots of loft.

G1z1

Visit site
With respect, are you sure you weren't hitting a bit of a pull with the PW and 9? That is what an outside to in swing would do with lots of loft.
No they were definitely starting right. I didn’t score well today but felt as if I’m getting better. A lot of my shots today were starting right but just going straight, pro said when that happens all I’ve forgot to do is close the face. I definitely feel as if my swing path is getting better just struggle to square the club at impact or else I get the face right but swing path is wrong lol it’s getting the two to work at the same time.