New Driver and 3 wood

Mach82

Visit site
Hi guys,

1st time poster and new member here.

I'm getting back into the game after a good few years lay off, I played off 10-11 back then and it was links golf mostly.

I got my Nike irons regripped and will persevere with then for now but looking for a new Driver and 3 wood. Also, I used a Ping 17 deg Hybrid for the first time last night and hit it pretty well, averaging 191 yards.

Can anyone advise on a Driver and 3 wood? I can't justify going OTT on cost but still want decent quality.

Thanks

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ping G25's. If you want to spend more then go up the range, G30, G400 etc. G25's will do the job for you though.

I mention Pings as they are reliable and also if you hit your hybrid well then it keeps the theme going.

Reactions: Doh

Mach82

Visit site
Ping G25's. If you want to spend more then go up the range, G30, G400 etc. G25's will do the job for you though.

I mention Pings as they are reliable and also if you hit your hybrid well then it keeps the theme going.

Thanks mate.

Tbh i have surprised myself with the Hybrid as it flies off the club face and nice shape to the shot tii.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks mate.

Tbh i have surprised myself with the Hybrid as it flies off the club face and nice shape to the shot tii.
If you have one that works then looks after it, care for it, love it like a family member :love:. Okay a bit melodramatic, all right a lot :D, but having one that works that well for you is great to have up your sleeve.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Plenty of good options available at sensible money. I think you are wise with the irons, much less evolution in irons, and woods have been very good for a while such that a discerning choice from a generation of three back is the smart money option.

There are loads of models of Taylor Made. I would probably pass on the SLDRs, but look at the M3, in Callaway the Epic was a good club, the XR is decent value, the Titleist 915 was well liked by Tour pros, some of whom still play one.

You could also probably do worse than a Nike Vapor or Vapor Fly driver.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have just ordered a Taylormade high launch 16.5 3wood as I struggled to hit my other 3 wood off the fairway, might be worth considering