25 degree hybrid

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I bought mine not to replace anything but to deal with 2 inch rough that lines both sides of our fairways in the summer. It turned out to be the ultimate utility club, I bunt it from under trees, I smack it over trees, hit it out of rough, anything.
It doesn't really have a predictable distance therefore it hasn't replaced anything. It just is.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Funnily enough (well...its not funny....its damned right annoying) my hybrids are the 2 clubs in my bag that I am least consistent with.

Despite having a set of woods comprising 1,3,4,5 and 7 woods from the same range as the hybrids, with essentially the same shafts....all of which I can/could smote mightily with great consistency, the two hybrids I just cannot put a decent swing on them.

I suspect it is a weight issue/balance issue so will be having a play over the winter period to see if I can improve matters.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have 5 hybrid in the bag but the only problem I find is that the gap between the 6 iron and 5 hybrid too big so end up keeping the 5 iron in the bag also. It really is an easy club to use.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have 5 hybrid in the bag but the only problem I find is that the gap between the 6 iron and 5 hybrid too big so end up keeping the 5 iron in the bag also. It really is an easy club to use.
Most people will hit the same lofted hybrid further than the iron...it's as much down to the design of the hybrid and the, generally, longer and lighter shaft.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
After some discussion on here with players better than me I was persuaded to forsake a 4 and 5 iron for the equivalent hybrids (22 and 26 degrees). Best thing I've done in a long time. More forgiving out of heavy lies and better trajectory into par 3's

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I run a 23* apex and love it, doubt I’d go any higher as I feel a 5I would be at risk.

I bought a 26 degree Apex last week and have used it twice. It's ace.

My current handicap is 2.5, and I play very bladey-blades ... but at this time of year, a club that I know I can hit 190y from virtually any lie is arguably the most useful in my bag, particularly around our course with some long par 3 & 4's and some short par 5's.

Checking my ego at the door until the new year when I'll reassess.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have one of these hybrids that is being talked about but I think I need to return it. Everyone else seems to hits theirs straight, 200 yds, high trajectory and dropping dead, out of rough or fairway. I must be doing something wrong :(
Haha, yeah, mine go about 175 and 165 with a pretty consistent fade. I can't hit them out of long rough like some people claim to, a 7 iron works better for that. But they're a heck of a lot better than the duffs and worm-burners I used to hit with the 5 & 6 irons. ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I have 19 and 22 degree hybrids in the bag.

19 is great off the tee - I dont carry a 3 wood I love it that much! Way easier to strike with a Hybrid than a wood.

22 degree (4H) is my all round hybrid - good for 200+ yards on a good strike, great out of the rough or on the fairway. Probably my favourite club in my bag.

Both Wilson Staff D7's purchased brand new for under £100 each.. bargain and my best additions to the bag by far.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Playing partner has so many hybrids now his longest iron is his PW.

Downsides - sometimes you need to chop down a bit on a ball that's lying in heavy grass - he doesn't seem to have much success getting out of those lies with his hybrid - maybe it's technique too - but I don't think I could ever replace my 9-iron with a hybrid!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing partner has so many hybrids now his longest iron is his PW.

Downsides - sometimes you need to chop down a bit on a ball that's lying in heavy grass - he doesn't seem to have much success getting out of those lies with his hybrid - maybe it's technique too - but I don't think I could ever replace my 9-iron with a hybrid!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I thought I was bad only having 7 to PW. Where the hell do you get a 39° hybrid from???