25 degree hybrid

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
Does anyone use one.

for the first time yesterday I tried a 22degree TM Sim2. What a weapon. Even my worst swings were respectable! I’m thinking to go get a 25 degree. So easy to hit. I just can’t see a downside. Are there any? I play off 19. I’m not worried about shaping just want a nice easy, straightest hit. I might even go 28 after that!

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a TM Sim Max 25 degree hybrid and I love it. It is the only non-Ping club in my Ping set, so that gives you an idea of how much I like it. Ironically I have a TM set as well, but that has an M6 hybrid.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Definitely are 25 (and 28) versions available.
I've long been a fan of hybrids and have a 27* that replaces 6 iron.
I've played blades in the past, but, with increasing age and shortening distance I can't see the point of making the game more difficult than it has to be?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve got a 23 degree ping g25. It goes a similar distance to my 4 iron so it doesn’t get used much, but on out 11th, a 190-200 yard par 3 up hill, if I don’t fancy it or need to swing easy, the hybrid gets pulled out. Love it. Great out of rough as well, especially when you want to get it down there a bit.

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
Absolute cheating sticks, shouldn't be allowed, they take the skill out of the game.
Anyone who can't hit a 5 iron shouldn't be playing golf and should be embarrassed to even think about owning one.
Here's mine...

View attachment 39580

indeed, I feel thoroughly embarrassed, just impossible to hit a bad shot! 180 - 190 yards and if I’m outside 20 foot I’m wondering what’s gone on! And the flight of the thing - beyond beautiful! I love the damn thing! It’s better than sex???

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a 27° degree that replaces my 6 iron. I could never hit 6 iron very well, so I tried a hybrid instead - much easier. No-brainer.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
An alternative is an 11 Wood. 25 degree loft
I have one (The Ladywood) and love it, perfect for those 165 yard shots/ par 3’s etc

Basically if it works for you, go for it and ignore those that may take the rise, they are just jealous ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have one (The Ladywood) and love it, perfect for those 165 yard shots/ par 3’s etc where you need a slice to make the trees....

Basically if it works for you, go for it and ignore those that may take the rise, they are just jealous ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have one (The Ladywood) and love it, perfect for those 165 yard shots/ par 3’s etc

We’re not jealous we just have some self respect and dignity

4LEX

Visit site
The key to good golf as you get older is accepting help. Get 5/6/7 hybrids and reduce your irons. Easier to hit and will go further.