2024 Troon Open

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It did get absolutely stupid yesterday at points it was entertaining but the tees needed to be up on at least a couple of the par 4s

They’re the best in the world and couldn’t reach them in regulation

But wasn’t that down to the weather conditions on the day? Was it ok for the early starters and wind picked up later in the day? I only saw highlights so just assuming that might be the case.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had they moved them up, the early boys would have rained in birdies and even more people would have moved up the leaderboard to content.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
But wasn’t that down to the weather conditions on the day? Was it ok for the early starters and wind picked up later in the day? I only saw highlights so just assuming that might be the case.
Is there any rule to state that they should be reachable in regulation in adverse weather?

The back 9 was tough all day the early groups made light work of the front 9

Even if you moved the tees up 30 yards on some everyone’s hitting long irons into them i think it’s a fair ask for the pros trying to win a championship that they should be rewarded for great shots not be 30 yards short

im playing devils advocate here mind as a viewer I was loving watching the test

Billy Horschel put on a hell of a short game display sure he was 6/6 up and downs from an average of 50 yards back 9

It’s been one of the great opens for me just needs to finish off with a bit drama

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The back 9 was tough all day the early groups made light work of the front 9

Even if you moved the tees up 30 yards on some everyone’s hitting long irons into them i think it’s a fair ask for the pros trying to win a championship that they should be rewarded for great shots not be 30 yards short

im playing devils advocate here mind as a viewer I was loving watching the test

Billy Horschel put on a hell of a short game display sure he was 6/6 up and downs from an average of 50 yards back 9

It’s been one of the great opens for me just needs to finish off with a bit drama
Coastal weather is unpredictable.
But if they are 30 yards short after two great shots it tests their long and short game.

Would it have been considered a great hole if it was a par 5 under those conditions?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It did get absolutely stupid yesterday at points it was entertaining but the tees needed to be up on at least a couple of the par 4s

They’re the best in the world and couldn’t reach them in regulation
Are you sure?

According to @Doon frae Troon yesterday morning

"Love to know which forecast you are quoting
I'm local to Troon and it is nothing like that........light showers and a gentle breeze here, no showers so far.
Perfect scoring conditions here and looks like the same on the course.
Looks good for tomorrow".

Presumably making it embarrassingly easy in the morning.

They are the best on the planet. They just need to suck it up and get on with it.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Sky's pictures and sound out of sync. Nick Doughty lip-syncing Faldo.

It reminds me of the scene in Singing in the Rain where Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds are out of sync. No, No, No, Yes, Yes Yes.

If you haven't seen it you won't have a clue.