2023 Open Tickets

Savo01

Visit site
Have many people been successful in the ballot for The Open? I am at the mercy of the ticket re-sale platform again alas. Has anyone ever bought one of those packages for The Open can I ask? Prices are expensive but guaranteed tickets is an attractive pull.

evemccc

Visit site
Have many people been successful in the ballot for The Open? I am at the mercy of the ticket re-sale platform again alas. Has anyone ever bought one of those packages for The Open can I ask? Prices are expensive but guaranteed tickets is an attractive pull.

Has the resale platform opened yet?

D

Deleted member 1147

I got two tickets for each of Wednesday and Thursday

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I already have tickets to Sunday but sent the link to my mates who said the Sunday tickets on the resale platform are going for £295?! I didn't think the resale platform would allow for such profiteering? I got mine through a mate on initial release and I'm sure it was £115...

rystaman

Visit site
I already have tickets to Sunday but sent the link to my mates who said the Sunday tickets on the resale platform are going for £295?! I didn't think the resale platform would allow for such profiteering? I got mine through a mate on initial release and I'm sure it was £115...

Oh really? It was face value last year for tickets...

Savo01

Visit site
Tickets on the Open official site are going at face value as far as I can see. Has anyone as an adult ever got in on a youth ticket can I ask? I am 45 so sadly don't look 24, but are they really strict on the ticket checking?

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
I've got 2 adult and 2 child tickets for the sunday. Face value £115, going on other platforms for £200+

There's a chance I can't go so debating whether to put on resale platform or risk it on <another> platform. I know they threaten to cancel tickets resold on other platforms but no idea how real that risk is.

Savo01

Visit site
I've got 3 Saturday and 3 Sunday since last night, but geez it is a frustrating process. Don't know how many times I had to refresh and clicked on tickets that were already gone!

DW180

Visit site
I managed to miss the ballot so I’ve had no email about the resale so don’t think I qualify. No option on my account when I log in either. Can anyone who does help me with a ticket for the Thursday? I just need one. Thanks

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
I'm very sceptical of this ticketing process, just like concerts. Standard approach where official tickets on sale on ticketmaster all gone within seconds, then loads available immediately for double the price on the reselling platform owned by... ticketmaster!

In the history of the Open, the event has never fully sold out and there have always been tickets available. A golf course is a big place that can accommodate a huge number of people. I recognise last year may have been an exception due to it being the 150th at St Andrews, which has limited space due to the double fairways and greens. However I don't believe demand this year would be any higher than the last time the Open was at Liverpool.

evemccc

Visit site
I'm very sceptical of this ticketing process, just like concerts. Standard approach where official tickets on sale on ticketmaster all gone within seconds, then loads available immediately for double the price on the reselling platform owned by... ticketmaster!

In the history of the Open, the event has never fully sold out and there have always been tickets available. A golf course is a big place that can accommodate a huge number of people. I recognise last year may have been an exception due to it being the 150th at St Andrews, which has limited space due to the double fairways and greens. However I don't believe demand this year would be any higher than the last time the Open was at Liverpool.

Exactly

Give the illusion of scarcity to drive up demand (‘fear of missing out’ is a big driver of consumer behaviour)

The Open want to be as big a summer draw as Wimbledon, and though I don’t believe it ever will be, it clearly wants to give the illusion of scarcity and demand outstripping supply

AdamW

Visit site
Got two tickets this afternoon for £105 each for Saturday on the official resale website. Never been to a tournament before so really looking forward to it!

Liverpool Premier Inn is £500 for two nights though which is a bit expensive. Has anyone got any tips on anywhere else to stay in Liverpool which is decent + near railway stations and is not as expensive? (This might be a case as the demand is high it is what it is)

Red devil

Visit site
Got two tickets this afternoon for £105 each for Saturday on the official resale website. Never been to a tournament before so really looking forward to it!

Liverpool Premier Inn is £500 for two nights though which is a bit expensive. Has anyone got any tips on anywhere else to stay in Liverpool which is decent + near railway stations and is not as expensive? (This might be a case as the demand is high it is what it is)
Try Southport,good connections on the Merseyrail network.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I would have thought that all Liverpool hotels would be expensive.

May be worth having a look at Wrexham or Chester as they have rail options to the Wirral, although would have to change train.