2022 Professional golf thread

D

Deleted member 3432

Wow, what a strong field in this weeks European Tour event.

Well done to all our top players for supporting it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(n)

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Well done Finau, seems a decent guy. Those wins will sort his rankings & exemptions for a while.
I didn’t actually watch but followed the leaderboard, was it as comfortable as it seemed?

For Stenson, you can imagine he may have been wrestling with the decision/options for a while - with the mental element being so important in golf, do wonder if there was a freeing/focus that came with the conclusion. Yes, know it wasn't a big field, or the strongest, but with Wolff & Johnson chasing it was watchable.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
For Stenson, you can imagine he may have been wrestling with the decision/options for a while - with the mental element being so important in golf, do wonder if there was a freeing/focus that came with the conclusion. Yes, know it wasn't a big field, or the strongest, but with Wolff & Johnson chasing it was watchable.
Indeed, the last 2/3 holes were suitably tense. A fantastic putt to 'get it done'. A DJ 'blunder' probably helped too. The sensible, familiar last round format also helped. An improvement on previous events - as would be expected/hoped for.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
David Howell started his 700 European tour/World tour event today.
I fondly remember his first [Benson and Hedges at St Mellion 1996ish I think] when he was 18 years old.
I asked him if he was OK and he said 'not really I'm very nervous'

I told him all the guys that you are teeing up with will feel exactly the same.
Just remember they pee and poo the same as you and you can play as well as half of them.
He played well and I'm sure he played all 4 days.
The start of an amazing career for such a lovely guy. (y).

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Didn't know they were playing on our greens this week...:unsure:
In a way it's the price you pay for being on the wrong side of the hole..
We have 2 or 3 greens like that, hit it just an hair too hard and if you miss you have a 20+ footer coming back....can be most frustrating....

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
David Howell started his 700 European tour/World tour event today.
I fondly remember his first [Benson and Hedges at St Mellion 1996ish I think] when he was 18 years old.
I asked him if he was OK and he said 'not really I'm very nervous'

I told him all the guys that you are teeing up with will feel exactly the same.
Just remember they pee and poo the same as you and you can play as well as half of them.
He played well and I'm sure he played all 4 days.
The start of an amazing career for such a lovely guy. (y).
Indeed, lovely guy. Met him in a local restaurant many years ago and a few times in the (food) pub across the road from me. Always said Hi after the 1st meeting as I was wearing a Rogue pullover - Rogue were his first proper sponsors. His caddy, when he won The BMW at Wentworth, was one of my Wife's 'star' pupils - doing the things that would make him a millionaire (he owns a number of properties in Englefield Green) cf attending school!