2022 Professional golf thread

Harry Putter

Visit site
Great on course interview today on Sky by Inci, as she strolled down the fairway in UAE with a Swedish player.. I think it was Alexander Bjork.

Inci - "How are you finding the course today, bearing in mind you had a great week here last week?"

Bjork - "Last week I missed the cut" and as he briskly walked off Inci could be heard in the background "Errrrrr.... at least you had the weekend off". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A hole in one on the 16th at Phoenix, Sam Ryder. Pictures of the beer going in the air and then the cans thrown down from the stands was completely bonkers. Great fun.

sheer unbridled joy, utterly great to watch (unless youre worried about the damage a few beer cans will do and a little bit of clearing up)

phillarrow

Visit site
The WM tournament is a funny one for me. I normally can't stand the loud brashness of American crowds - the ridiculous attempt so many make to be the first and loudest to shout "Get in the hole" after each shot really does my head in! However, I love this tournament! I love how different it is from the norm!

By the way, I'd never heard of Theegala before (I don't watch a lot of golf on tv). He's got scoleosis?!?!?! And he's a PGA pro!!!! My only excuse is a lack of talent!!!
Seriously, I think it's incredible that he's achieving a career in sport with a spine condition, especially a sport that is built around spine angles. Hats off to him!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Brian Harman had to play after the cleanup.
So, as much fun as it is, is it really fair on Harmon that he should have to wait ?
After all, even though the fans are loving it, these guys are playing for money and World Ranking points....
Tricky balance...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So, as much fun as it is, is it really fair on Harmon that he should have to wait ?
After all, even though the fans are loving it, these guys are playing for money and World Ranking points....
Tricky balance...
As above. Equally, often forgotten, they are in the entertainment industry and that was gold last night. The money they get at that tournament, substantial, comes in part from the theatre of that hole and the attention it brings.

D

Deleted member 15344

Greens and tee covered in beer cans - in what way is that any good for any sport.

The stands have an appeal but by the end of it you have a crowd smashed who think they can act how ever they like

It’s gone too far there now

As above. Equally, often forgotten, they are in the entertainment industry and that was gold last night. The money they get at that tournament, substantial, comes in part from the theatre of that hole and the attention it brings.

They are in the sports business, it’s about winning in what is the best way for them , it’s not about entertaining 20 thousand drunk idiots throwing all sorts onto the course

That was gold for a night club where a comedian was doing a set

And the money wouldn’t be any less if the stands weren’t there.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Greens and tee covered in beer cans - in what way is that any good for any sport.

The stands have an appeal but by the end of it you have a crowd smashed who think they can act how ever they like

It’s gone too far there now

They are in the sports business, it’s about winning in what is the best way for them , it’s not about entertaining 20 thousand drunk idiots throwing all sorts onto the course

That was gold for a night club where a comedian was doing a set

And the money wouldn’t be any less if the stands weren’t there.
Your right, around 700k spectators over 5 days, 20k around one green alone, every day. Players putting on special tops as they walk to the 16th tee, hyping the crowd up. Nothing to see there, nothing entertaining ?.

You don't think the sponsors pay more, the advertisers pay more, the viewing figures are up over a regular tournament?

If it's too much for you, give it a miss. Plenty people love it just as it is.