Great condition as you'd expect, shrubs not yet in full flower at 12
Few spectators watching and the golf is pretty good too

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Early look at the Augusta course with the women's amateur on just now
Great condition as you'd expect, shrubs not yet in full flower at 12
Few spectators watching and the golf is pretty good too
Sometimes it's taken me a few seconds to work out which hole they're playing, especially some tee shots, as their tees are so much further forward...
Gives a "Member's " perspective...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Sometimes it's taken me a few seconds to work out which hole they're playing, especially some tee shots, as their tees are so much further forward...
Gives a "Member's " perspective...

Yeah that and some of the different camera positions makes it a bit weird too

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Hoffman's looking the danger man.

I know we should be used to it, but par 5, over 300 to pin, Jordan laying up with an iron - fan "get in the hole" ???

D

Deleted member 23344

American crowds are just plain ignorant. Leaving aside the inane shouts, I’ve just seen everyone around the green watch Spieth and Hoffman putt and then most of them start to leave before Wallace putted. Sportsmanship ... what’s that?

D

Deleted member 15344

American crowds are just plain ignorant. Leaving aside the inane shouts, I’ve just seen everyone around the green watch Spieth and Hoffman putt and then most of them start to leave before Wallace putted. Sportsmanship ... what’s that?

Standard for US crowds - only have to think about the rumours about Watsons ball getting a little help at the Masters

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I followed Tiger a lot during three of his four rounds in the Open at Carnoustie - the American crowds are nothing compared to that.

In other news Spieth masterclass so far.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Great to see Spieth get the win the last few events has shown was coming and Lydia Ko -7 through 9 on a final round of a major. Pretty special from both (still think too much to do).

Excited for next week.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Had to check my ears! This girl Patty Tavatanakit driving an average 326 yards. I know it hot out there, but blimey!
This women's golf is getting very enjoyable to watch .

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Dave Musgrove, Sandy Lyle's caddy when he won the Masters, writes in his biography about an incident at the 14th during the final round. Forgive me if I don't get the detail 100% correct, I haven't read it for a while.

Sandy Lyle was leading on Sunday at the Masters, his approach to 14 was too long and went through the green and out the back finishing in a place from where it would be impossible to get up and down. While parting the crowd and surveying the scene someone in the crowd told Musgrove that a fair few golfers had hit their approach long, but not one ball had breached the impenetrable wall that was the crowd until Sandy's, where the crowd had parted like the Red Sea.

The outcome was a dropped shot(s) and Mark Calcavecchia taking the lead. Musgrove had a quiet word with Lyle, telling him that he had been hunted all day, but now it was his turn to chase down Calcavecchia. The rest is history.

Edit. I've just watched video of Lyle playing 14, and it didn't happen there, he parred that, so now I have to read the book to see what happened.

A quick look at the book and it turns out that it was the 4th hole. To quote.

"When we got there we found it wasn't lying in a very good spot. It was twenty yards from the flag in a tiny furrow. Sandy took his sand iron, it's good and heavy with a sharp leading edge. You can chip and hit the ball first and the clubs own momentum will take it through the grass. Sandy holed the chip, for a two. Nick Royds from the R&A said to Sandy 'You deserve to hole that because that's the only ball the crowd have allowed to go through this afternoon'".

Musgrove's pep talk about no longer being in the lead took place on the 15th fairway.

Last edited: