2021 Professional Golf Thread

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Bit of a anti climax Horschel played average in both the semi and the final, both players were to slow which does nothing to promote the sport.

We all know and dislike getting out of a rhythm when playing and to slow down as much as Scheffler did especially on the back 9 must have hindered his chances of winning.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ther was so little going on i kept nodding off...
Big(y)to anyone who managed to stick with it.
I know there was a lot on the line..big money, big points, big championship and the wind was up..
But to spend 2 or 3 minutes working out what to play, taking another minute to hit it and still missing the green by a par 5 - these guys are some of the best in the world.
And they'd played the holes half a dozen times that week.
Oh well..10 days to the Masters

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ther was so little going on i kept nodding off...
Big(y)to anyone who managed to stick with it.
I know there was a lot on the line..big money, big points, big championship and the wind was up..
But to spend 2 or 3 minutes working out what to play, taking another minute to hit it and still missing the green by a par 5 - these guys are some of the best in the world.
And they'd played the holes half a dozen times that week.
Oh well..10 days to the Masters

I watched till the end and I don’t normally watch much golf?. Horschel should have closed it earlier twice he overshot the green and ended up in a bunker and that was from around 100 yards o_O

At least they can’t use them books on the greens at the Masters?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
2 hours for a 2 ball? Comical.

Not really. These are allegedly fit athletes at the top of their game, playing on an empty golf course with zero rough. Playing matchplay. They have played the course a minimum of 5 times in 4 days to get that far. 2 hours is easily possible.

Me? I can and have played in a 2 in under 2 hours. No, it doesn't mean rushing, and no, I don't play or score any differently. The actual golf doesn't take very long at all, once you cut out the faffing about.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I think the factor that determines pace of play is the wind. They take any extra 40 seconds to second guess a club. Then stand and wait until the wind behaves how they want. If its calm they just hit (pre shot routine outstanding...) but in any breeze they mope around for ages until the wind suits the club in their hand...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
other than people are watching on tv as entertainment. Two blokes staring at yardage books on a tee theyve been playing all week and twice today is dull. Whats worse, is that other golfers think this speed is ok and do it on busy courses.

Turned off to watch “Line of duty”.... won’t be turning it back on

Bit late to the party but that is exactly what I did.

It is one of the reasons I think that Pro Match play golf with just one or two matches being played is to boring to actually watch live.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I wasn't able to locate a shareable link at the time, but came across this

Clowns & windmills next perhaps at the Dell matchplay...

Imurg

Visit site
Commentator on Mickelson's tee shot..
" He's lost this a little left"
Cameraman can't pick it up
Finally settles on the jungle about 80 yards left....:ROFLMAO:

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Anyone watching the women's golf? Really enjoyed the LPGA events late last year played on some good tough courses. This one just doesn't have any "major" feel to it at all. The girls are way good enough these days to play on proper major courses.

Imurg

Visit site
Anyone watching the women's golf? Really enjoyed the LPGA events late last year played on some good tough courses. This one just doesn't have any "major" feel to it at all. The girls are way good enough these days to play on proper major courses.
I've watched most of it so far.
They class this as their Masters as they go to this course every year and have done for 50 years..
Decent watch, especially with some Europeans up there..

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah. 50 years but still doesn’t have any major appeal. Suppose they all like it. The men aren’t ever playing for a major at PGA West are they? Still good to support our players though. Good to see Popov up there.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Yeah. 50 years but still doesn’t have any major appeal. Suppose they all like it. The men aren’t ever playing for a major at PGA West are they? Still good to support our players though. Good to see Popov up there.

remember, 50 year old stuff to an American is practically Stonehenge!