Tashyboy - single
gopher99 - single
Harrogatehacker - single
The Autumnwind - single
teegirl - single

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's great to have regular annual events that many can easily get to & are great fun. This is one of them, however it seems that Forest Pines is not playing fair with Rob regarding a refund from our canceled event.
Should we be even thinking of going there next year whilst they are messing Rob about?
Perhaps Belton Woods would be a better venue especially as they have much better customer relations. Thoughts please?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I would probably attend the meet no matter where it is held.

Whats the latest on the refund, the last message from Rob in the other group said the money should be back with him in 2 days. Have we had confirmation that that has or hasnt happened?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It's great to have regular annual events that many can easily get to & are great fun. This is one of them, however it seems that Forest Pines is not playing fair with Rob regarding a refund from our canceled event.
Should we be even thinking of going there next year whilst they are messing Rob about?
Perhaps Belton Woods would be a better venue especially as they have much better customer relations. Thoughts please?

If you don’t want to come, don’t!

Simply start your own thread for a meet at Belton Woods, which you’ve now tried to promote twice, so, my thoughts are, either put your name down as others are doing for next year or stay off this thread and stop trying to scupper something that everyone else seems ok with.

We all know the situation, these are unprecedented times, I’m sure we all know we’ll get our monies returned, but it’s a good venue and I for one wouldn’t want to have it anywhere else.

Dando is now heading this, your constant moaning without your name even down is just creating a negative vibe that’s not needed.

So to coin a phrase, put up or shut up.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Simply start your own thread for a meet at Belton Woods, which you’ve now tried to promote twice, so, my thoughts are, either put your name down as others are doing for next year or stay off this thread and stop trying to scupper something that everyone else seems ok with.

We all know the situation, these are unprecedented times, I’m sure we all know we’ll get our monies returned, but it’s a good venue and I for one wouldn’t want to have it anywhere else.

Dando is now heading this, your constant moaning without your name even down is just creating a negative vibe that’s not needed.

Hahaha...... I'll think about this for a bit.... hahaha :LOL::LOL:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would probably attend the meet no matter where it is held.

Whats the latest on the refund, the last message from Rob in the other group said the money should be back with him in 2 days. Have we had confirmation that that has or hasnt happened?
We don't know & we don't really want to be bothering Rob too much as I think if there was action, Rob would have let us know. Hence my post as I've 5 other guys from my Club that I've encouraged to attend & fill spaces to get us up to the 48 Rob needed. I think we all understand that times are tough but FP are not being honest with Rob. That bothers me. :unsure:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
We don't know & we don't really want to be bothering Rob too much as I think if there was action, Rob would have let us know. Hence my post as I've 5 other guys from my Club that I've encouraged to attend & fill spaces to get us up to the 48 Rob needed. I think we all understand that times are tough but FP are not being honest with Rob. That bothers me. :unsure:

I wasn’t suggesting asking Rob, was just checking that the info posted in the other thread was the latest. There are people on here who know Rob a lot better than I do, so it could have been possible that they had spoken to him socially and it had come up. I do agree that FP have messed him about and that is far from ideal, it took a lot for Rob to agree to organising another year and it is a shame his involvement is ending like this. I am sure we will get our money back, but I’m not in a rush for it and wouldn’t put pressure on Rob to get it back any quicker than he is already trying to do.

Moving ahead though, James has taken on the challenge of keeping the meet going so I would say it is upto him where he wants to hold it. Each meet at FP has been successful, so providing the country is back to “normal” next year I don’t see why it wouldn’t be another success at FP. If people don’t want to return to FP because of this years difficulties then that is their choice. There is no reason there needs to be 48 participants, could easily run with 36 or whatever.

I am just glad the meet will continue and like I said previously I would likely attend wherever it was being held.

D

Deleted member 25172

Let’s get this back on track, shall we? :)

James, put me down for a single please! (If I can hitchhike with you up to FP that is ?)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Dando - twin
Imurg - twin
Fragger-Twin
Beezerk - single
Mark Langley Sowter - twin
Crow - single
Matty6 - single
Rosecott - single
Dave Foster - single
Les Smith - single
Gordon Taylor - single
SteveW86 - single
Traminator - single
Virtuocity - single
Jimboh - single
Grumpyjock - single
9tegsi - Single
Leftie - Single
Dhan - Single
Slowhand - Single
Fish - Single
Blue in Munich - Single
Tashyboy - single
gopher99 - single
Harrogatehacker - single
The Autumnwind - single
teegirl - single
Lillyhwak - single

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fish said:

more than happy to give you a lift mate
Well done James on taking up the reins from Rob, I hope it goes well for you.
Despite the accusations, I wasn't looking to 'scupper' the Meet as it could just, possibly, switch venue. I'm more concerned at Rob's treatment by FP.
Robin...... that's as good a rant as I've seen since the Kenilworth, HDIDo v GM Meet....... all those years ago... :LOL:
Take care.... drive carefully. ;);)