2020 Goals

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Mine would be,
1. Stay healthy enough to play lots of golf 50+ full rounds with midweek 9 holes in summer on top. (Spent much of the summer injured after a car crash)
2. Lose 5 shots from Hcap, having just started back properly and being off 19 this should be possible (with practice)
3. Get foreign golf trip in Spain or Portugal
4. Play atleast 5 clubs off my ‘must play’ list
5. Play into double figures at my new club where I joined as a country member
6. Win something, don’t care what, just something

D

Deleted member 17920

Goals for 2020

Play more top 100 courses with the forum and with the lads from Woodhall.

Enjoy playing and spending time with mates playing this game we love and finishing on the 18th green still laughing is the top priority.

Not give a toss what I score. If the handicap goes up even more it’s not going to bother me one bit.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Every year so far I’ve lowered the hc, so this has to be the goal. Slight spanner in the works is im no longer a member of a club ?‍♂️

Society hc is 12, so realistically the goal has to be to lower that. 9.4 has a nice ring to it...

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Similar to mine but I am aiming to play 9 holes in 50.
I play 9 holes in 44 -51 and haven’t broken 120 yet. ;-(
I want to go sub 100 this year.

Having joined a club late last year I saw how much better players than me are that shot mid 80s to 90s, I leave that for once I consistently beat 100.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have a nice little Saturday away and 2 rounds,all being well, celebrating my 50th this year with some reprobates on here.(y)

Get back down to 5 would be nice, either that or go back up to 7, and win all sorts.:)

Keep on enjoying it as much as I do.

Play some golf next year with Bluewolf, Stuey, Odvan and a few more of the NW crew, as we have let our meet ups slip a bit.

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
I play 9 holes in 44 -51 and haven’t broken 120 yet. ;-(
I want to go sub 100 this year.

Having joined a club late last year I saw how much better players than me are that shot mid 80s to 90s, I leave that for once I consistently beat 100.

Good luck
at this level it really is all about course management, you really don't have to hit the ball very well at all! Just hit the shots you know you can pull off and aim for a bogey score each hole. Plan each hole from the green back to the tee and keep the trebles off the card, then the doubles... you'll get it. You don't have to be perfect, just make better decisions!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The honest answer is I don’t know yet. I’m torn between playing more competitive golf at my current place or joining a far superior club in every other way, but playing fewer comps and likely no club scratch matches (which are my favourite).

If I stay with the familiar old girl my goal would defo be get down to 4 and help the club win the league.

But the other woman is Gal Gadot.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Have a nice little Saturday away and 2 rounds,all being well, celebrating my 50th this year with some reprobates on here.(y)

Get back down to 5 would be nice, either that or go back up to 7, and win all sorts.:)

Keep on enjoying it as much as I do.

Play some golf next year with Bluewolf, Stuey, Odvan and a few more of the NW crew, as we have let our meet ups slip a bit.

What happened to Birchy, he used to organise a few?