2019 PGA Tour

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
at least wrap the bait in bacon or something Dan lol

It's not bait at all, it's true. Weeks like this when we're forced to watch the CBS broadcast makes you realise how lucky we have it with Sky when they run their own broadcasts at the big tournaments. They're far from perfect, but this is just painful to watch. If Rory wasn't going well and looking at a possible 59, I'd have turned off hours ago.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having to replay every Rory shot 3 times because the US broadcast is on ad break. How do the Americans watch this every week? Roll on next week when Sky do it properly.
Are Sky allowed to record / edit and broadcast it maybe 30 minutes later without showing all the American crap or silly fill ins. ??

D

Deleted member 15344

Having to replay every Rory shot 3 times because the US broadcast is on ad break. How do the Americans watch this every week? Roll on next week when Sky do it properly.

Sky aren’t the host broadcaster for the US Open , they still work with the host broadcasters pictures who are Fox Sport. Sky do have their own team there to commentate on the pictures and on course reporter etc but they still have the ad breaks that the US will have - hopefully it will be better than the CBS/TNT effort which was poor. Last night was really bad but that’s your typical US coverage in sport.

As for Rory - quality in every area of his game , started quietly but built through the rounds to provide turn it on over the weekend- distance control was first class , putting was superb. Excellent and will stand him in good stead for this week

Also great for McDowell to get in - what a putt on the last

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sky aren’t the host broadcaster for the US Open , they still work with the host broadcasters pictures who are Fox Sport. Sky do have their own team there to commentate on the pictures and on course reporter etc but they still have the ad breaks that the US will have - hopefully it will be better than the CBS/TNT effort which was poor. Last night was really bad but that’s your typical US coverage in sport.

Fox at least do a better job than CBS. Shane Bacon (who commentates for Fox) was saying that I think the last 2 hours on Sunday are ad-free (I might be wrong there, but I swear that's what he said), so Sunday should be a much better watch than last night. But yeah, you're right, Sky aren't running their own broadcast, so roll on The Open broadcast instead. An actual golf broadcast, not a giant advert with some golf squeezed in the breaks.

Rory was awesome last night. Don't think he'll win the US Open, don't think the course is set-up well for him, but bloody impressive win all the same.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Final day belonged to the Irish lads! Great win for McIlroy, great putt for McDowell and great tournament & runners up spot for Lowry.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Fox at least do a better job than CBS. Shane Bacon (who commentates for Fox) was saying that I think the last 2 hours on Sunday are ad-free (I might be wrong there, but I swear that's what he said), so Sunday should be a much better watch than last night. But yeah, you're right, Sky aren't running their own broadcast, so roll on The Open broadcast instead. An actual golf broadcast, not a giant advert with some golf squeezed in the breaks.

Rory was awesome last night. Don't think he'll win the US Open, don't think the course is set-up well for him, but bloody impressive win all the same.

The broadcast might be great for the US Open but with the time difference we'll have probably nodded off.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But only one of those is Irish...
Pretty sure they all think of themselves as Irish, even if they don' t live in the Republic , Rory will be representing Ireland at the Olympics. Nowadays it seems to be a pretty small minoirty in Norn Irn who don't consider themselves Irish.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Pretty sure they all think of themselves as Irish, even if they don' t live in the Republic , Rory will be representing Ireland at the Olympics. Nowadays it seems to be a pretty small minoirty in Norn Irn who don't consider themselves Irish.

McIlroy most definitely sees himself as Northern Irish, he’s simply representing the Republic out of courtesy to the GUI.

As for your “small minority” claim, that’s utter nonsense.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Well theres a clue in there it comes after the word Northern
I’m Northern Irish. I’m not Irish. I can claim Irish citizenship if I want, but I haven’t.

There’s a distinction between the two. McIlroy is not Irish but he is choosing to represent the Republic of Ireland.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m Northern Irish. I’m not Irish. I can claim Irish citizenship if I want, but I haven’t.

There’s a distinction between the two. McIlroy is not Irish but he is choosing to represent the Republic of Ireland.
You are in a minority of people I have met from NI most consider themselves Irish whether of Catholic or Protestant heritage, I am not speaking about political identity many consider themselves British as well as Irish. And yes I do know quite a lot of people from NI my son has been living there for seven years I visit from time to time and know a lot of people from NI who work over here in Scotland.

As a matter of interest who do you cheer for in International rugby matches?