2011 1st round

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
first round since mid Nov in a couple of hourse - Captains Drvive In - a Dubai Stableford. Can't wait - playing with, among others, a +2er!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When I shattered my ankle 6 years ago I had almost a year off playing. Took a long time for me to get over the psycological barrier - I almost felt disabled by it.
I went out by myself a couple of times to see if the swing would hold and to see if the ankle would take it.
It did and it did so I dived straight back in.

Now he just has to deal with the psychological effects of his Brother beating him..... :eek:

Ahh but that doesn't happen very often AW. And I'm going ot do my best to make it happens less this year! ;)

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played my first round of the year today.

32 points from 14 holes. No blobs and only two doubles but 4 three stabs. Got a nice eagle two on our short par 4. Knocked it within two feet of the pin.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a real stinker on December 31st - scraped 30 points but very few decent shots. Went out today for some practice because am lined up for 2nd round winter knock-out match tomorrow.
Made 17 out and 21 back - yay! - this is actually the best I have scored off my current handicap.
Bring it on!

AliB

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
2nd round of 2011 today at one of my old local goat tracks. Front 9 was abysmal, but picked it up on the back 9. All in all a good weekend's golf. Really happy with my new putter and wedges though.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
No golf this year , but the car is nice and clean, and the drive is leaf free. :D

Mine & the wife's cars are clean, drive is also leaf free and the slabs have all been jet washed. Hence I will be playing golf on Tuesday ;)

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I will leave it until Tuesday. Played on NYE but the course was infested with hackers - no sense of etiquette or how to swing a club half-decently. Spent a lot of time hanging around while those in front had their heads in bushes. Didn't recognise anyone so I can probably only blame Santa Claus for giving them the gear to get on the course. I guess that's one of the perils of playing on a public course. Fingers crossed they will all be back to work by Tuesday.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a great start to the year!!
First game in 6 weeks - Dubai Stableford Captains drive in - and we won!!!! I was really happy how I played - 2 birdies, 1 triple (blob), blobbed 11 after hooking into the woods (but found it - unplayable), 1 double at 18 after being just short of the par 4 in 2; 8 over in total plus the blob on 11 - my best golf in ages. Very nice to see a quality golfer - Mark shot 2 under to play to handicap despite dropping 2 sots in the last 3 holes - other than those 2 holes (4 foot and 12 foot puts) and a 12 footer from above the hole on 7, he never missed a put inside 12 foot - best I have ever seen.

Course was in super condition - I never saw or felt any water - not much run but felt dry all the way. And I just heard that they are investing a substantial amount of money and there will be architectural upgrades to 17 holes (plans not finally approved but should be in next month) plus extra irrigation, drainage and equipment - the worry comes at subscription time - I was told it won't impact things, but I will feel better when I see the bill!!

Still feel on a bit of a high - although no use for the prize - a quad groove Mixuno 56 degree 13 bounce, I think, although it is in the boot and the car is at the club, as I was not fit to drive!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played our new years comp today. Format was teams of four, three best scores per hole stableford, full handicap. Men off the white, ladies of the reds. Drawn teams and I was with two ladies and supposedly an 18 handicap bloke. Problem was he was a no show so the two ladies (18 and 33 handicaps) and I had to play with everything counting.

Started off badly and by the 6th had a point per hole. Stormed out in a massive 12 points. Stupid thing was ball striking was great but missed a few greens and couldn't hole a putt for love nor money. Rallied with 16 points on the back nine but all in all too many unforced errors costing shots.

We didn't gel as a team even though the company was good and we had a laugh. Both ladies were as inconsistant as me. Good to be out but it got really cold late on. Still there was enough good stuff to be pleased and once I get back into it (only my second round + 1 range session in th elast month) there is definitely something to build on

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Just wanted to share my happiness.

Played this morning, and played nice and easy, steady swinging, instead of my usual agressive swing.

I am off 25, and am hoping this is the startt of getting my handicap right down. After this round I'm confident that I can achieve my target of 15 handicap by the end off summer.

Shot an 89, with 5 pars. 32 putts. 9/13 Fairways, but only 2 GIR. Only hit one bunker, and had 1 penalty.

Now off to gloat at father in laws.

And before anyone says, no shoutrs of bandit. I hate being 25handicap.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Turned up for my knock-out comp to gently falling snow which got less gentle by the minute. Had hit a few sneaky balls on range to warm up and won first but then got nervy when partner sank some good putts. Halved 2 and 3 where I had shots - ouch! Lost 4 to her up and down. - big ouch!
finally got my act together around hole 8 - long par 4 which I parred. won 9 - one of my bogie holes, and 10. Now 2 up.
Had a couple of wobbles after that but won on 16th.
Excellent start to NY. :D
Just one problem - she is handicap sec on point of carrying out annual handicap review - :eek:
AliB

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another game today - two in a row, equalls my tally for November and December!! A few little snow flakes and freezing but overall, a great start to year in golfing terms - it won't last - work tomorrow :(

Gazp

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just played my first game of the year at Beau Desert, lost the match but played as well as I would expect to not having played for 6 weeks. Course was in good condition though.