2 irons for links golf ?

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Thinking of putting a 2 iron in the bag on windy days at my home course (links)it’s starting to get really dry so with the roll out a 2 iron could be a weapon off the tee .what’s peoples choices for a driving iron ?just want somthing that’s rockets the ball out there with a low flight off the tee

D

Deleted member 3432

I use a Srixon u45.

Few years old but a great club.

Mine gets just as much use off the fairway at times as it does off the tee so very versatile.

If you are a decent ball striker go for it but despite being forgiving a modern 2 iron is still not as easy to hit as a hybrid.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I dried a 3i mp H5 which was pretty forgiving but no where near as much as a 2h. I’ve gone with an apex 17* although in the past I have used 16* cobra and Adam’s hybrids. I just find you can do a bit more with it as a hybrid.
you generally find the lower loft versions are more of a fat cavity iron opposed to the mini fairway wood set up

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Taylormade Gap-R Lo, I can’t knock it out of the bag for any newer offerings as the loft adjustment is brilliant.

17 degree in standard form but I wind my down to 15.5 degree really low and it helps prevent turning the ball over too much.

It’s my fairway finder and into wind I always use it over driver. Nice low trajectory with plenty of roll out

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I picked up a p790 UDI over lockdown3 and put it in the bag at the weekend in a comp to get used to it ahead of a week of links golf next week.

pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to hit and when it hit the deck, it took off!

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I have tried many driving irons, with limited success so have added a 17 degree Ping G410 Hybrid lofted down 1 degree for use on Links or when the course is running, so easy to hit and runs like Road Runner, in the summer its as long as my driver :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I picked up a Mizuno T-Zoid 2-iron on eBay a few years back for about £50. The sweet spot can be elusive occasionally, but when it comes out of the screws it's a lovely club, despite its age.

I can get it out there about 230 yards, but the lower ball flight is really handy as my home track, despite being inland, is exposed to the elements. A 15mph wind on the local forecast means gusts of 25-30mph on the course, so rarely do we play in calm conditions.