150 yards in pics

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Basic rules, your pic must be any hole on your course taken from 150 yards out.l (fairway helps!, don't need to just see a bunch of trees).
It doesnt have to be the most difficult hole on your course.
This'll prob take a week or two to get going but would be interested to see the variety we have across the UK (and abroad if you are a member somewhere exotic).
Ill start with a pic today on our 18th. Fairly generous fairway with main dangers being the 7 bunkers (6 fairway and 1 hidden behind left) and fairly slick tiered green. Oob up at clubhouse but very little chance of ball staying up there.
20170624_130721.jpg

Last edited:

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is going to require me to remember to take a picture, which is unlikely but I will do my best, watch this space...

D

Deleted member 15344

IMG_0964.jpg

This is our 18th

Very tight tee shot and then you are faced with an uphill second shot into a two tiered green

D

Deleted member 15344

Fairway sloping left to right too? That does look tricky enough, many lose it right?

Loads lose it right from the tee shot and the second shot - plenty also go left to attempt to combat the right. We are building two bunkers on the left of the green as well to make it even tougher

D

Deleted member 15344

Got to be hardest hole in the back nine?

Nope - it's about 4th hardest - 13th , 15th and 16th all play harder - beyond the Open courses I haven't played a harder finishing stretch where plenty have ruined cards from
The 15th tee onwards.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not my home course, but the course closest to home! I practice here at Welton cos it's too far to my own course for a knock in the evening, this particular evening I had the place to myself. Can't think why.

The blue stake to the right is the 100 yard marker so I'm about 150 out. The 3rd is one of the harder holes just because of it's length, think it's about 420 off the whites on an otherwise short course.

IMG_1337.jpg

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Not my home course, but the course closest to home! I practice here at Welton cos it's too far to my own course for a knock in the evening, this particular evening I had the place to myself. Can't think why.

The blue stake to the right is the 100 yard marker so I'm about 150 out. The 3rd is one of the harder holes just because of it's length, think it's about 420 off the whites on an otherwise short course.

View attachment 23002

Impressive clouds!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Impressive clouds!

You have no idea, it was like a giant bird of prey in motion coming towards me. Probably should have videoed it, but I was too busy running for my life, the heavens opened with hail, thunder and lightening. Properly dangerous.

I made par btw.