150 yards in pics

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
15th par 4 dogleg. 260 or so to here then fairway drops 30 feet or so then gradually rises to a platform tiered green with bunkers left and right. Index 2 on the card.

20170603_125206.jpg

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
IMG_20170628_094044358.jpg

11th at The Zoo
540-odd par 5 that doglegs right to left
OB all the way down the right and it's easy to try to clear the corner and fail!
Then it's down hill to the green
Bunkers right and left, narrow opening and not much wider further back
Green slopes back to front and a little to the right
Bunkers are quite deep.
OB behind as well..
Those small trees on the left stick out further than it looks on the picture.
Much trickier than it looks, especially if the flag is dead between the bunkers.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
View attachment 23022

11th at The Zoo
540-odd par 5 that doglegs right to left
OB all the way down the right and it's easy to try to clear the corner and fail!
Then it's down hill to the green
Bunkers right and left, narrow opening and not much wider further back
Green slopes back to front and a little to the right
Bunkers are quite deep.
OB behind as well..
Those small trees on the left stick out further than it looks on the picture.
Much trickier than it looks, especially if the flag is dead between the bunkers.

I played there last year, you have picked the hole that ruined my card. I managed to put my 3rd into the garbage on the right of the green. It looks like it should be GUR to me, Ended up with an 8

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm playing tomorrow so I'll try and take a few at Cooden. We have some great approaches to holes, not much elevations but quite a lot of clever bunkering that foreshortens the perspective. Course was designed by Herbert Fowler and I think that this was one of his particular traits. He also designed Walton Heath, Broadstone, Beau Desert, and the two courses at The Berkshire amongst others.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not my home course but a hole that some will recognise. Flag is the white spot next to the tower. This is a very tough hole, long par brutal par 4 but today down wind so good drive, 6i, chip and a put for par. Great round there today. Gross 85, but my highlight was the back 9, +3 38.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 19.21.35.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 19.21.35.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 69

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Quite a few well browned fairways on show so far, must be getting it drier than us over here.

Haven't had much rain for ages Brendy
When we do get it, it's torrential and most runs off and doesn't soak in. Sun comes out and dries up what's left...
Funny how the rough doesn't seem to be suffering.....😕

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
13th at our place, 250 or so to dogleg and this pic from 150 or so in from left side of fairway showing one of the two new bunkers.
This hole was totally reworked over the winter, replaced and reshaped teeboxes, fairway shifted 20 yards right and old bunkers removed and new ones filled with the newer whitequartz type sand similar to the stuff used in Augusta.
Green opening redone and bunkering narrowing it with less rough to the left to encourage more run off for bad shots.

20170708_120058.jpg