£499!!

Visit site
Well since I’ve been accused of being an elitist, 😴
Just ordered a PXG 3w with the latest Aldila Xtorsion tour shaft which is an Xtorsion price as well 😂, which will go with my PXG driver and to be followed by my new custom tour bag which will go into my Xtorsionatly (for me) priced car...... 🤔

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I reckon I change my clubs fairly regularly every 3-4 years. It is a hit when I buy them but, based on my last spend;

Driver- £430- £130 trade in= £300
1 iron- £100
3 iron- £80
Irons- £700- £250 trade in= £550
Wedges- £250 - £80 trade in= £170
Putter- £280- £100 trade in= £180

Total net spend= £1380

4 years before changing

£345 per year

Minimum 100 rounds a year £3.45 per round. Break that down to per hour and it's under £1.50 per hours use. Sounds no bad to me.

Additionally, I could probably get close to a grand if I sold my clubs now so the value has still held. For instance, I'm looking at getting rid of my 3 iron and replacing it after 5 years and I can get £50 for it meaning it's list £30 over 5 years.

Buy cheap or second hand if you want, buy new if you want. I choose new but you can get the value out it. It all depends on priorities and what you choose to spend money on. Guys bemoan the price of a driver but will gladly p*ss the same amount on drink on a monthly basis. I'd rather have a new driver. And maybe only p*ss away a putters worth!

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of views on the forum that if you buy new clubs your somehow a fool or idiot that’s easily parted from your money. People earn their money and can buy what they want, be it expensive clubs, clothes, watches, whatever !! It seems common in the uk for people to have this attitude about someone if they have nice things.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of views on the forum that if you buy new clubs your somehow a fool or idiot that’s easily parted from your money. People earn their money and can buy what they want, be it expensive clubs, clothes, watches, whatever !! It seems common in the uk for people to have this attitude about someone if they have nice things.
We're British - we're not happy unless we've got something or someone to moan about...:ROFLMAO:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It is also way easier to buy 2nd hand kit now. My first half set came from the classifieds at the back of the local rag. Now you have ebay and golf bidder.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most disappointing of all, I picked up one one the TS demo drivers in AG the other day. Sky marks all over the crown.

For £500 I would expect that Titleist would at least solve this problem.

Seriously , why can’t manufacturers make the paint bullet proof or why have paint at all on the top edge?

Bare alloy and no more sky marks ever.

I need a new driver so will give them a try but will probably go back to TM.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Most disappointing of all, I picked up one one the TS demo drivers in AG the other day. Sky marks all over the crown.

For £500 I would expect that Titleist would at least solve this problem.

Seriously , why can’t manufacturers make the paint bullet proof or why have paint at all on the top edge?

Bare alloy and no more sky marks ever.

I need a new driver so will give them a try but will probably go back to TM.

Well who would want to buy a new driver after 12 months if their previous one still looked good as new?

I have been a bit of a miser and always bought older equipment new or second hand. I am still of the firm belief that if you are buying new equipment you are paying for adverts. Also, it is unlikely to improve your golf game noticeably. Your technique and course management are far more important, assuming you have at least a reasonable set of clubs (which in reality could amount to £300 or £400 second hand).

However, I guess if you were getting fitted then this could make a difference, assuming your swing was going to stay pretty consistent. I guess this will depend a bit on your swing as well as the skill of the fitter. My only experience with 'fitting' was basically a glorified salesman with no capacity or inclination to look at changing shaft, length of club, loft, lie etc on a driver. Basically here's a load of clubs you want to try that are in budget, we can set you up on Trackman and have a play about for half an hour.

And I do agree with those who say, for many people they actually enjoy the equipment side of things. Trying new clubs and trying to find what is best for them. Whether they convince themselves it will make them better or they just want nice new clubs to look at and play with - it is up to them, and a legitimate source of enjoyment (assuming you have the cash to spare).