Your 'worst' par?

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yesterday at the 160yard par 3 8th. Duff 30 yards off the tee into the rough, catch is fat for another 30 yards in the rough. Third shot gap wedge one bounce straight into the hole for a win.

MarkKipper

Club Champion
Visit site
Par 5: Hooked the drive miles left into some scrubland just in bounds, dufffed the next just back into play, long iron to the green sliced wildly right skimming off a lake and just making dry land. Had to take off my shoes and socks and get into the lake, played a majestic chip to about six inches, par, easy this game isnt it!

Attachments

• G2.jpg
    G2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 44
  • G1.jpg
    G1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 47
  • G3.jpg
    G3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
2 years ago during a holiday tournament i sliced my teeshot into the woods, punched the ball back into play, pulled my 3rd into the bushes, hacked out sideways back on the fairway and holed my pitchshot for a par 5

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Worst kind of par is a 3-putt par, chipping in, sinking a 40-odd footer etc you've escaped and feel positive that you've played a hole poorly but walked away with your score intact, but 3-putting for par really feels like giving 1 back to the course!

D

Deleted member 1147

Short par 4, in a matchplay game, my opponent was 15ft away in 2 so almost guaranteed a par.
I hit a big drive, hit my 2nd fat into the ditch in front of the green.
Took a drop, and knocked my wedge shot in on the fly.

Opponent was so shocked he 3 putted and I won the hole, and eventually the match.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably when I played at the Hampshire. Stood on the 10th, completely hooked the drive, so that i ended up in the rough the otherside of the next fairway! Managed to rescue a 7, chipped it close and sank the putt.

The best bit was my playing partner who drove the green with a 3iron to about 10 foot, and managed to 3 putt to end up with the same score! (especially as I got a shot on the hole and he didn't!)

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Our 11th hole, a short-ish par 4 with a blind drive over a marker post.

Hit a decent 3-wood over the pole, then took a huge fat divot from my second shot, moving the ball about 20 yards. Annoyed and embarassed, I bladed my next shot which luckily hit the pin and tangled in the flag, sufficiently slowing the ball enough for it to end up at the back of the green in some light rough - it would have ended up on the next tee otherwise!

Chipped in from there. :)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Our par 3, 4th hole :D

Duffed a 7 iron into the trees to the left, about 50 yards short of the green.

Bladed a 52° wedge at warp speed towards the green, no higher than 4ft off the deck. Hit the flag stick and dropped to 6" for a tap in par :mad:

Revolt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have canned many a 35 footer for par after slicing my drive off the tee, chunking it out leaving myself 100 yards, and duffing a wedge, missing the green but being able to putt.......... I cant remember the last time I holed a 35 footer for birdie though :(

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Ugliest but most memorable...Hadn't been playing long, on a short (290ish) par 4, hit a slice off the tee onto the next fairway but missed the trouble and being so short there wasn't anything in the way (trees etc), had about an 80yd pitch left, thinned it straight across the green into the ditch at the back, dropped out onto a shabby downhill-sidehill lie and hit a lob shot back over the ditch, bounced once and then dunked for a 4.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
In a men's match earlier in the year.

On our par 4 2nd at Westerham, drove the ball all of 40 yards into a clump of trees alongside the ladies tee (JUST ahead of the reds!). Backhanded 7 iron from the side of a tree 100 yards to rough on 1st fairway. Hybrid that was supposed to sail over trees and land on the green some 200 yards away, but instead went hard and low through the trees, with a bit of slice to finish 60 yards from the green, on the fairway.

We halved the hole to a guy who had driven to 110 yards and then an approach to 10 foot! Lovely!

And of course, holed the chip with two bounces and in!

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
The worst pars are the "old man golf" ones, non-event drive up the middle, safe iron to the middle of the green, lag the 1st putt up to 2ft then nudge the short one in. Easy way to make a game boring :lol: