Your Handicap Index Stats - 2024

Swango1980

Visit site
Now we near the end of the season, just thought it would be interesting to compare some of your Handicap Index Stats throughout the year (if you've submitted enough rounds). Following questions:

Index at Start of 2024 =
Current Index =
Lowest Index =
Highest Index =
Total Rounds 2024 =

Index if only Competition Scores Counted =
Best Competition Score Diff =
Worst Competition Score Diff =
No. of Competition Rounds =

Index if only GP Scores Counted =
Best GP Score Diff =
Worst GP Score Diff =
No. of GP Rounds =

Note, when calculating Index if only GP or Comp rounds counted, you can use rounds before 2024 if you haven't played 20 of those rounds this calendar year

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Index at Start of 2024 = 9.2
Current Index = 9.5
Lowest Index = 7.6
Highest Index = 10.4
Total Rounds 2024 = 56

Index if only Competition Scores Counted = 8.7
Best Competition Score Diff = 5.3
Worst Competition Score Diff = 19.9
No. of Competition Rounds = 20

Index if only GP Scores Counted = 8.7
Best GP Score Diff = 5.4
Worst GP Score Diff = 16.5
No. of GP Rounds = 36

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Isn't this the third thread in the last few days asking for handicap index changes through 2024

Are they different enough topics to need new threads ?
Not sure.

I've seen one about how many acceptable scores players have submitted. Another about your everyone's best round. I thought I'd create one with everything grouped together in one list, rather than hijack one of those threads. Although might have missed another one that has already done this?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure.

I've seen one about how many acceptable scores players have submitted. Another about your everyone's best round. I thought I'd create one with everything grouped together in one list, rather than hijack one of those threads. Although might have missed another one that has already done this?

Swango1980

Visit site
Yeah, saw that one as well. Although that was only handicap changes. Felt it easier to group everything together.

My initial idea was to compare Indices for GP scores only and Comp Scores only, as I was interested what differences there may be, if any. Given that I calculated all that for myself, I thought it was easy to add in some of the other figures alongside them

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, saw that one as well. Although that was only handicap changes. Felt it easier to group everything together.

My initial idea was to compare Indices for GP scores only and Comp Scores only, as I was interested what differences there may be, if any. Given that I calculated all that for myself, I thought it was easy to add in some of the other figures alongside them
Alright then.

Index at Start of 2024 = 14.7
Current Index = 15.3
Lowest Index = 14.4
Highest Index = 15.3
Total Rounds 2024 = 23 (one was a nine-hole though so 22.5?)

Index if only Competition Scores Counted = Wait, you wanted me to do maths? This is going to take a while... I only played 5 comp rounds this year so I need to go back and pick up my last 20 comp rounds?? This is going back to March 2023... but the average of the best 8 comps in that time is 15.275. So near enough exactly the same as my real index. :LOL:
Best Competition Score Diff = 12.9 (13/08/2023)
Worst Competition Score Diff = 27.4 (17/06/2023)

Index if only GP Scores Counted = This is harder to work out... ok it's 14.5375
Best GP Score Diff = 13.2 (05/07/2024)
Worst GP Score Diff = 24 (04/07/2024)

Not at all surprised that the average of my GPs is lower. A few of them were at away courses that were easier than my course, but their course and slope ratings are higher.

That took forever to work out, I can't see you getting many more responses to be honest. :LOL:

Swango1980

Visit site
Alright then.

Index at Start of 2024 = 14.7
Current Index = 15.3
Lowest Index = 14.4
Highest Index = 15.3
Total Rounds 2024 = 23 (one was a nine-hole though so 22.5?)

Index if only Competition Scores Counted = Wait, you wanted me to do maths? This is going to take a while... I only played 5 comp rounds this year so I need to go back and pick up my last 20 comp rounds?? This is going back to March 2023... but the average of the best 8 comps in that time is 15.275. So near enough exactly the same as my real index. :LOL:
Best Competition Score Diff = 12.9 (13/08/2023)
Worst Competition Score Diff = 27.4 (17/06/2023)

Index if only GP Scores Counted = This is harder to work out... ok it's 14.5375
Best GP Score Diff = 13.2 (05/07/2024)
Worst GP Score Diff = 24 (04/07/2024)

Not at all surprised that the average of my GPs is lower. A few of them were at away courses that were easier than my course, but their course and slope ratings are higher.

That took forever to work out, I can't see you getting many more responses to be honest. :LOL:
It was for the geeks, who were willing to spend a bit of time working it out, rather than get back to work :ROFLMAO:

Otherwise, for those that can't be bothered working those bits out, they are welcome to leave them blank and just fill in the easy ones (it would be easier if MyEG marked Competition Rounds clearly for us normal golfers viewing our history)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was for the geeks, who were willing to spend a bit of time working it out, rather than get back to work :ROFLMAO:

Otherwise, for those that can't be bothered working those bits out, they are welcome to leave them blank and just fill in the easy ones (it would be easier if MyEG marked Competition Rounds clearly for us normal golfers viewing our history)
Yeah, this was an issue, luckily my competition rounds are listed in IG so I just noted the dates of these before referring over to MyEG.