Your golf swing...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couple of months ago I videoed mine for the first time, and I posted it here on the forum too. Most people said it was surprisingly decent looking for a high handicapper but I'm very hunched over which looks rather unathletic. It's a problem I have generally though, not just in golf. I struggle to sit/stand up straight.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Without a ball in front of me my practice swing is a thing of beauty, and many an opponent has been seen quaking in their boots when they witness me having a few swishes around the 1st tee.
I can sweep a chestnut shuck, pine cone or discarded cigarette butt away majestically, whilst maintaining perfect rhythm, with a follow through to die for, and can maintain the perfect finish for absolutely ages.
Unfortunately a ball then has to come into play......
:clap:

Reminds me of a mate

Knows a lot about the swing and talks a great game

Practice swings like a cat 1

Real swing's like it's his first ever game

D

Deleted member 15717

See it quite regularly, and hate how it looks. At the moment, it isn't even that functional at times....

nairn1967

Medal Winner
Visit site
yes, it reminds me of a famous scene in a film.... the shining !!

seems to work OK most of the time, got me to 4 anyway. I suppose the important bit it when it reaches the ball, seen guys with lovely looking swings who play off high teens of higher.

I have thought many times about you changing an iron for an axe :D but as you say its at the ball where it all matters.

We all have a mental image of what our swing is like but in reality its just not as good as we think.

I would hate to see mine :eek:

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Apologies for the poor quality, it's all I have at the moment. This video was from back in March.

[video=youtube_share;Vw9PHAoacGo]https://youtu.be/Vw9PHAoacGo[/video]

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is unavailable chap - are you sure it isn't listed as Private? You might need to make it "unlisted" for us to see it.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Hanging onto a 3 handicap by my fingernails (I have a 3 year old to look after which is taking its toll on my golf!).

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hanging onto a 3 handicap by my fingernails (I have a 3 year old to look after which is taking its toll on my golf!).

Yep. It has Cat 1 written all over it. Fair play. How long after taking up the game did you get to Cat 1? I've stalled last couple of years though I do think I've improved, just haven't had a good run of play (work and life always getting in the way, it wasn't until September that I played two consecutive weekends - in fact I wasn't in the country two consecutive weekends!).

This is me at the weekend

[video=youtube_share;PA5UjAw09XI]https://youtu.be/PA5UjAw09XI[/video]

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
That looks pretty decent to me mate. Coming across it slightly on the way down but generally looks good.

Let's just say I've been playing a long time! :D

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Regularly film my swing at the range. Being fairly low and having regular lessons its essential for me.

Generally just annoys me though as the feeling isnt what i am seeing.

That being said, my position at the top is sweeeet.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That looks pretty decent to me mate. Coming across it slightly on the way down but generally looks good.

Let's just say I've been playing a long time! :D

Yeah that's my issue, and my swing looked a lot worse before I went to see our Bob. In just a few lessons he taught me more about my swing than the few years I've been playing (started 2011). I now understand what I've done by looking at the ball flight =- divot, it was an education. We then had a grown up discussion about that swing flaw and how willing/able I was to put the work in to fix it. At the time, knowing I had little, I said we'll agree to leave it in and do the best we can with it. I have absolutely improved my ball striking as a result and played better golf this year than ever, but at some point I may have to go back to him and sort it. I won't do that til I know I can commit the time required to it, which may well be never the way things are going!!!

That said there's nothing stopping me from being a decent golfer with it, I just won't ever achieve other level stuff but thats okay as long as I'm enjoying it. Last round of the season I went round Karsten Lakes in Gainsborough with a buddy as an away match. First time ever played there and I went round the back 9 in 1 over (gross). That bogey still haunts me it was a dead bounce on an otherwise perfect pitch! Still, I feel like I can get lower with a kind schedule this summer.

You gotta pay the bills if you want to enjoy the club!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have thought many times about you changing an iron for an axe :D but as you say its at the ball where it all matters.

We all have a mental image of what our swing is like but in reality its just not as good as we think.

I would hate to see mine :eek:

you know the problem with you is??? to much wristcock and you stand too close to the ball:rofl::rofl::ears: