Your golf swing...

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yup, so is mine. It looks solid on video, hitting all the right angles and positions. But it is a bit too slow and weak in real life.

Sadly also another member of this group.

Video looks good, have had people comment on my swing (positively before you ask) however just doesn't seem to translate (consistently) into lower scores at the moment.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
yes, it reminds me of a famous scene in a film.... the shining !!

seems to work OK most of the time, got me to 4 anyway. I suppose the important bit it when it reaches the ball, seen guys with lovely looking swings who play off high teens of higher.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I know I could probably learn a lot from seeing my golf swing but I am not sure that I want to. I would see what I do wrong and would try and fix it myself - and I know I cannot do that without messing my game - so would find myself tied into Lesson after Lesson. Which might not be a bad thing - if I could only afford it or could justify it to Mrs SiLH.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's something I have not done for years. I have a pretty good idea from my misses which are all to common these days.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know I could probably learn a lot from seeing my golf swing but I am not sure that I want to. I would see what I do wrong and would try and fix it myself - and I know I cannot do that without messing my game - so would find myself tied into Lesson after Lesson. Which might not be a bad thing - if I could only afford it or could justify it to Mrs SiLH.

If I could 'swing it like Hogan' I think I'd be constantly filming and watching my swing

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mine has made regular appearances and suffice to say it doesn't even have a nodding acquaintance with the textbook. It does work (sometimes) but hopefully the winter work I'm about embarking upon will change that

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Pro said I had a very good back swing.:thup: Just a shame you don't hit it on the way back. Down swing is absolutely rubbish.:mad:

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I saw my swing on video and it nearly reduced me to tears :confused:! Still like others have mentioned, I strike the ball pretty well as a 16 Hc and love playing! Going to play the game with my natural style and stop videoing!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I saw mine recently, for the first time in about 6 years... what a mess it has become. More like an octopus having an epileptic fit...:(

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Mine has made regular appearances and suffice to say it doesn't even have a nodding acquaintance with the textbook. It does work (sometimes) but hopefully the winter work I'm about embarking upon will change that

Eh! you mean you want it to stop working? I think I know why your quest has stalled ;)

Seen my swing on vid, it is what it is... unique :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I don't really have much interest in what mine looks like..
I'm not about to spend hours on the range changing it, it is what it is and will continue to be.
It will evolve but as long as it gets me around the course I'm not overly fussed

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't really have much interest in what mine looks like..
I'm not about to spend hours on the range changing it, it is what it is and will continue to be.
It will evolve but as long as it gets me around the course I'm not overly fussed

Agreed.
A textbook looking golf swing won't necessarily help me get the ball into the hole in fewer shots or make me have more fun on the course.
I know a few guys who are overly concerned with how they look as golfers instead of working at being good golfers.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Without a ball in front of me my practice swing is a thing of beauty, and many an opponent has been seen quaking in their boots when they witness me having a few swishes around the 1st tee.
I can sweep a chestnut shuck, pine cone or discarded cigarette butt away majestically, whilst maintaining perfect rhythm, with a follow through to die for, and can maintain the perfect finish for absolutely ages.
Unfortunately a ball then has to come into play......

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Definitely not my swing but saw this bloke at the course last week...

20171123_180009.jpg

How do you even get your upper body to contort like that!