Your Favourite Golf Swing...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wouldn't say Faldo's shaping skills were that bad ;)

Eamonn Darcy - so many things 'wrong'
Makes Furyk look textbook

I think some on here won't know who Darcy was but I got his swing on film recently. Check it out at 1.06 and 3.16 into the video

For me it would be
Faldo
Rose
Seve (so much leg drive)
Trevino (so creative and moving the ball silly distances left and right long before Bubba)
Els (perfect tempo)

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think some on here won't know who Darcy was but I got his swing on film recently

I spent a while mesmerised watching him on the range at FoA pinging 3 irons away. Then as luck would have it I spent a day inside the ropes with his group.

He actually still struck it well. Putted poorly but my god is he tedious to watch, painfully slow and as for all that feet shuffling... :oops:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I spent a while mesmerised watching him on the range at FoA pinging 3 irons away. Then as luck would have it I spent a day inside the ropes with his group.

He actually still struck it well. Putted poorly but my god is he tedious to watch, painfully slow and as for all that feet shuffling... :oops:
Tell me about it. So twitchy and fiddly over the ball.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Love Peter Thomson’s swing

Hogan’s swing is a textbook in how not to go left but it’s great

Robert Rock has a class action as does Luke Donald

The two swings I enjoy on tour the most at the moment are Thomas Pieters and Ollie Schniederjans

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like swings with short backswings, because my own swing has a short backswing so it gives me confidence/validation or something. So Rahm and Finau for example. My swing is EXACTLY like theirs. :sneaky:

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
One that sticks out for me when I was learning the game was Miguel Angel Jiminez.

A flat swing that allows him to get a very clear in to out path and play a powerful draw.