Your Favourite Golf Swing...

Wolf

Visit site
Since getting back into playing been watching a ridiculous amount of golf and YouTube videos just because I enjoy watching golf swings of all shapes and sizes.. so my question to everyone is whose your top 5 favourite swingers of the club purely based on how they swing not how much they won or their character...

I'll go first....

1. Camillo Villagas- I like the short swing the steep angles and athlietism of his action

2. Greg Norman - the simplistic aggression of his swing and ability to drive the ball way he did always fascinated me..

3. Ernie Els- The fluidity of his action and lazy power always wanted his tempo

4. Justin Rose - I know his swing is effectively a rebuild, but the repetitiveness of it is sensational

5. Nick Faldo - As per Justin Rose, except I'd add in to this his tempo and shot shaping skills.

So whose yours

Last edited:

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree with Norman, had a sense of drama and attack about it.

Always liked the late Payne Stewart's swing, lissom and willowy.

And, from a somewhat macabre fascination, Ray Floyd as you couldnt help but watch it in all its apparent ugliness!

Wolf

Visit site
Jim furyk, showed you don't have to have a perfect swing to get it round the course

Actually nearly put Furyk in there definitely one of my favourite to watch I like ugly swings that work shows only thing that matters is ability to repeat and square the club face

Wolf

Visit site
Wouldn't say Faldo's shaping skills were that bad ;)

Eamonn Darcy - so many things 'wrong'
Makes Furyk look textbook
I've no idea what you mean...:ROFLMAO:

Eamon Darcy, I remember watching him at Wentworth as a kid and wondering how the hell hit managed to hit the ball.. but if it works then it works...

Wolf

Visit site
Simple....... Ben Hogan

You can now close the thread
Of all the videos I've watched of Hogan and it's a lot as my dad lived his swing, I can honestly say it does nothing for me.
Ernie Els for tee to green, then add in Ben Crenshaw's putting.

Great putting stroke, my favourite putters though always been Brad Faxon and Luke Donald just love the action they have.

D

Deleted member 15344

Current

Rory for the driver
Louis for the irons
Donald for the wedges

dronfield

Visit site
I'm 6'1" so have always tried to observe how taller players set up to ball/swing - these days Stenson & Rose and previously Faldo.
Re actual specific skills, have always enjoyed watching Westwood drive and Donald / Garcia short game. 7/8 years ago Donald's putting was fantastic from 6 foot in.

Rich