One of the other 13

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
He would have been your best customer:)

If you don't get on with it we may have to talk i was going to buy one anyway.

If that day ever comes I'll keep you in mind, wouldn't count on it happening though.

Just the old knackered defender going in goal for 5 minutes for a rest, I knew I shouldn't have saved that one.....:)

Body on the line for the cause, could use a few like you in my old pub league team

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
Okay, here's the post I didn't want to write.

I am not getting along with this club. Eveything is very high and turns way right, regardless of strike or swing speed or tee height or weight settings. Until it randomly throws in a low hook without warning :angry:

The only thing I haven't been able to change is the shaft, which is irritating as I believe this to be the heart of my problems. After a number of frustrating sliced drives yesterday which ultimately resulted in an NR when the hook showed up on the 12th, a FC gave me a shot of his 915 with a Diamana S+ 60 which felt much more solid and produced a more appealing ball flight.

The nearest Mizuno agent say they're getting the full fitting cart next week but my patience may have run out by that point and I may just pull the Orochi and re-use the adaptor. I have an adaptor on order via a very helpful American but they are on backorder with Mizuno US for now and I want to put something in place well before the season starts. I'm filtering a long watch list on ebay down to a final few and then I'll make a decision on how to move forward.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

I am not getting along with this club. Eveything is very high and turns way right, regardless of strike or swing speed or tee height or weight settings. Until it randomly throws in a low hook without warning :angry:

The only thing I haven't been able to change is the shaft, which is irritating as I believe this to be the heart of my problems. After a number of frustrating sliced drives yesterday which ultimately resulted in an NR when the hook showed up on the 12th, a FC gave me a shot of his 915 with a Diamana S+ 60 which felt much more solid and produced a more appealing ball flight.

The nearest Mizuno agent say they're getting the full fitting cart next week but my patience may have run out by that point and I may just pull the Orochi and re-use the adaptor. I have an adaptor on order via a very helpful American but they are on backorder with Mizuno US for now and I want to put something in place well before the season starts. I'm filtering a long watch list on ebay down to a final few and then I'll make a decision on how to move forward.

I would wait until the full shafts are available and then make a decision after that. Mind you, some of the prices I've seen for Mizzy upgrade shafts make the eyes water - down here in Surrey, Silvermere want £200 uncharge on Speedster 6.3 taking the club to £499. :eek:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

I would wait until the full shafts are available and then make a decision after that. Mind you, some of the prices I've seen for Mizzy upgrade shafts make the eyes water - down here in Surrey, Silvermere want £200 uncharge on Speedster 6.3 taking the club to £499. :eek:

Id imagine that just buying a shaft you like and know suites you, then getting it fitted to the Mizzy Hosel would be the cheaper option.

Martin Piggot has got a Speeder shaft in, if you wanted to try that.

Murdo should be able to change the shaft over for you, he's still a member at Dunbar i think.

Mcleodc2000

Club Champion
Visit site
I was at the Indoor Golf Centre in Glasgow last week- they quoted me the up charges for the shafts were £106 minimum and up to £200ish for the dearer ones. Can't remember which fell in to each category though...

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site

I would like to try the official shaft options as it would serve as part of the review and almost certainly prove Mizunos mantra that everyone should get fitted. However the prices I've seen around are similar to what you have mentioned, for a shaft that is stock in the US:confused: I am aware that Mizuno UK and Mizuno US are completely different entities but that seems a bit odd.

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
Id imagine that just buying a shaft you like and know suites you, then getting it fitted to the Mizzy Hosel would be the cheaper option.

Martin Piggot has got a Speeder shaft in, if you wanted to try that.

Murdo should be able to change the shaft over for you, he's still a member at Dunbar i think.

basically that's what I've thinking, that I can probably pick up a very good shaft and adaptor on the bay for less than the lower priced upgrades. But I am keen to try the options to see if one will suit and could therefore have been a one stop purchase had I been a regular punter off the street. Plus they've got GC2 up there and I'd quite like to see some numbers for once in my life;)

I don't know Murdo but I know roughly where to find him in town.

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
I was at the Indoor Golf Centre in Glasgow last week- they quoted me the up charges for the shafts were £106 minimum and up to £200ish for the dearer ones. Can't remember which fell in to each category though...

Yea these are similar to prices I've seen elsewhere but I don't know if these are just upcharges or the same if you only want to buy the shaft. As a above I know the Speeder 6.3 is one of the higher end options and so is the PX 6.5 which I was also keen to try.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
basically that's what I've thinking, that I can probably pick up a very good shaft and adaptor on the bay for less than the lower priced upgrades. But I am keen to try the options to see if one will suit and could therefore have been a one stop purchase had I been a regular punter off the street. Plus they've got GC2 up there and I'd quite like to see some numbers for once in my life;)

I don't know Murdo but I know roughly where to find him in town.

His wife has just re-opened the Interiors shop, but its in Cawdor now, no doubt he's in there (while its winter anyway;))

Doesn't DT have a proper Trackman flight scope down at Dunbar now... I saw him using it last winter on the practice ground??

Mcleodc2000

Club Champion
Visit site
Yea these are similar to prices I've seen elsewhere but I don't know if these are just upcharges or the same if you only want to buy the shaft. As a above I know the Speeder 6.3 is one of the higher end options and so is the PX 6.5 which I was also keen to try.

These were the charges just to buy the shafts on their own. I went to try alternatives to my stiff Orochi and got fitted to the X Orochi, but they wanted £106 even for it unfortunately