Your Favorite Golf Club Car Park

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sad to report that the NE is devoid of any quality car parks. It's a case of which is the least worst or most average. Even Close House is poor, visitors car park away from the clubhouse, rough ground ☹

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Loch Lomond - didn't see the car park though - very nice man took the keys off me and took the car away - little disappointed that it hadn't been valeted when he brought it back - they did clean my clubs and shoes though so I suppose that would have been pushing it.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Loch Lomond - didn't see the car park though - very nice man took the keys off me and took the car away - little disappointed that it hadn't been valeted when he brought it back - they did clean my clubs and shoes though so I suppose that would have been pushing it.
Sorry to hear about the car not being done but if it's any comfort,neither was my mates'-and he's a member-well he was 2 years ago---must give him a bell and check if still is when he comes home.
Jimbo

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Craigintinny Golf Course in Edinburgh. Nothing to do with golf, more to do with the Steward's daughter who I was dating back in the mid 70s. Many dark corners. ;)

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Craigintinny Golf Course in Edinburgh. Nothing to do with golf, more to do with the Steward's daughter who I was dating back in the mid 70s. Many dark corners. ;)
Would that be for 'preferred lies' with 'balls unplayable'? I take that play wasn't suspended for poor light?THGC in E.K. had parking for 1 car by the side of the 11th hole-so I was told?
Memories.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
is there another car park there?
i've been there a few times and never seen it full, admt its been midweek most of the time, but the course has been busy still and parked easily every time?
Just the one car park, it was busy last summer - there were often cars parked in the street, which isn't great as the corner outside the car park is tight and there's often kids kicking around with the beach nearby.

D

Deleted member 21258

Wisleys is pretty nice and may be number 1 for me, as golf club car parks go.

Some have better views, some better golf courses attached, some better history, some have better lines for their bays, some have nicer tarmac, but if I was going for a drive to a car park to test my eyesight, I would drive to Wisleys car park, as the gardening sets it apart from them all and it a sight for sore eyes. Very nice car park:D

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
Queenwood, only been there once but like some others you rock up, get out & leave it running, it disappears then reappears when you leave the clubhouse!

sunshine

Visit site
Don't remember it, but Sandy Lodge has to be up there in terms of guest car parks. Not over flow, guest. A long way from the club house, unlit, temporary surface, and the only way back to the club house is either through a swamp, or along an unlit road with no pavement.

I've never used the visitors' car park at SL, or any course where they take the p like that. I'm paying a green fee and that includes using the proper / members car park.

sunshine

Visit site
The best appointed car park I can think of is Stoke Park. Beautiful drive through the landscaped estate and then parked the car right outside the front of the clubhouse next to the Bentleys and Astons, right where Goldfinger parked his car. Felt like royalty.

sunshine

Visit site
Just remembered, I played a course in Spain (El Valle in Murcia) which had an underground car park. There was a lift which took you up into the clubhouse foyer. Car remained nice and cool underground. This is the way forward!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The best appointed car park I can think of is Stoke Park. Beautiful drive through the landscaped estate and then parked the car right outside the front of the clubhouse next to the Bentleys and Astons, right where Goldfinger parked his car. Felt like royalty.

Prince Harry? :D:D