You know when you're getting old when.............

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
What's prompted this thread is that I took the family to Paultons Park today. A great place for under 10's really.

I sat on some of the rides with my young son, and I felt decidedly 'off colour' when I got off some of them.

I used to do aerobatics in Chipmunks and gliders. I used to love what we termed as the 'eggs' at the fairground. I used to be able to not only enjoy these things, but also go back for more. Now. It would appear I've turned into some big jessie!

The problems of having kids later in life I guess.

Anyone else have any antidotes pertaining to the title?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You know you're old when you have a fall, you don't fall over.
Or when Dr Who is young enough to be your son.
or when the teachers at your sons school look like they've only just left themselves.
Or when you start teaching someone to drive who was born 10 years after you passed your test!
Or when you realise that most of the music you listen to was produced in the last Millenium...

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I loved taking my kids to Alton Towers or Blackpool. The only pproblem now is they are in their twenties and don't want their old man tagging along. I love the rides though. The difference I see between aerobatics and fairground rides is you are in control of the aircraft and although you pull +/- g it is a controlled and slow action (especially in a glider or Chipmunk), whereas on a fairground ride it is the speed of change that makes you feel queasy.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
The best one I have heard that rings true is :
You know you are getting old when you have a special stick specifically for stirring paint. :)
Ive not got one yet (still a child at 32) but know a few older men that do.

CVG

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As a new grandad I'm getting slightly concerned that the slipper section in M&S is starting to look interesting!
More golf required I feel!

callawayjon

Club Champion
Visit site
You're old when,

You prefer a good cooked dinner to sex :(
Chase women but when you catch them you cant remember why you were chasing them :eek:
Chase women but run out of puff before you catch them :D
when you spend hours on a golf mags forum :eek:

Guess we're all old then! :D

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You know when you are getting old when you forget...errrr....???

I cant complain having recently been to Army reunion and was one of the youngest looking, fittest looking then most who were there, yet as old as most if not older, and barely younger than a few. Getting MS and taking stuff easy seems to do you some good, I reccomend it ;)

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
........ your wife says, "Let's go upstairs and make love" and you answer, "Honey, I can't do both!"

.....It takes two tries to get up from the couch.

.......Everything that works hurts, and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.