You can talk to a fade but a hook doesn’t listen..

D

Deleted member 21258

My pull hooks don't talk to me, they just wave goodbye low left, dropping out of the sky and gone.

My big slices are high right, tease me as they are slow, weak flights, that I think will be okay, just before falling into the field next door and gone.:LOL:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, for me, a former slicer now a major hooker, I would love to have a fade. In my opinion, fades and draws both come from good mechanics, slices and hooks don't. If you ever see a pro hit a proper fade, the ball goes straight to the apex, then falls slightly to the right. A thing of beauty. The fade stays within a small corridor but even a draw, and definitely a hook, is always looking to escape.

Echo this. I was a slicer for 25 years or so. Then has a few lessons and a lovely draw ensued. I was told by a PP that in a few years, if you're not careful, your draw will become an incontrollable hook. I'm now trying to hit a nice fade, but it is difficult not to flip the hands.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Echo this. I was a slicer for 25 years or so. Then has a few lessons and a lovely draw ensued. I was told by a PP that in a few years, if you're not careful, your draw will become an incontrollable hook. I'm now trying to hit a nice fade, but it is difficult not to flip the hands.

Its a nice draw now, but soon you'll want a bit more sling, and you'll think "What's the harm, I can always go back to my soft draw". But the slinger won't go away and you bargain with it "OK, I can live with a bit of a sling. Just stay on the park, please". But it doesn't listen. On that dogleg right to left, you used to draw it round the corner, now you snap it into the bushes on the left. So you aim further right, and now you aren't sure if you are still going to sling it into the bushes or block it into the car park. You try setting the weights and the shaft setting on your 910D3 to fade. The hook laughs in your face. You see higher handicappers with a gentle slice and are jealous. You look at flags on the right side of the green and think "Damn". Then you realise it, you are not one of them any more. You are a hooker.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its a nice draw now, but soon you'll want a bit more sling, and you'll think "What's the harm, I can always go back to my soft draw". But the slinger won't go away and you bargain with it "OK, I can live with a bit of a sling. Just stay on the park, please". But it doesn't listen. On that dogleg right to left, you used to draw it round the corner, now you snap it into the bushes on the left. So you aim further right, and now you aren't sure if you are still going to sling it into the bushes or block it into the car park. You try setting the weights and the shaft setting on your 910D3 to fade. The hook laughs in your face. You see higher handicappers with a gentle slice and are jealous. You look at flags on the right side of the green and think "Damn". Then you realise it, you are not one of them any more. You are a hooker.

Yup. It takes ball of steel to aim left down a straight fairway for a baby fade, when the result could be a snap hook into the next county.